Lonelywraith

The Storyteller of Woe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My desire right now is to make some kind of old movie like effect like those black & white movies. It's something like you get to see a flashback inside the game and then the game moves in irregular ways just like an old movie, maybe with a sepia or black & white tone and also those black things suddenly appearing in some places of the screen... Exactly like an old movie. Do you know if there's a way to do this without having to do a movie?

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh that's shouldn't be too hard.
First, you'll have to tint your screen to black and white. For noise effect and old movie effect, you'll have to create it from a third party software like Adobe Effects and render it as PNG files. When everything is ready, you just need to use Show Pictures command and show every PNG files we've just rendered and there you go, an old movie effect.

Lonelywraith

The Storyteller of Woe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I just made some tests on a different project and hell it was easier than I thought. Thank you, Lee Sang. I'll make sure to name you on my game's credits! Really, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The three if us sat to watch "The day India Burned" to take notes. 10 minutes in, one went to sleep. I wanted to finish it but I couldn't stop tearing up (yawning makes me cry) so after 40 minutes I gave up. But now I'm not sleepy anymore :0
OH... OKAY... Well, VX Ace certainly never did THAT before. :mad:
Been busy with non-RM stuff, can't wait to get back into making a game.
i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegima