Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was just curious about this. Every now and again, I hear someone on here mention a VX or VXA script that they loved but was never reprogrammed as a plugin for MV. I thought it would be interesting to hear about these nearly forgotten scripts, what they did and maybe a little bit about the project you were working on that featured them (even if it never saw the light of day).

Admins: I don't really know the correct forum to ask this so feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tinymine's Trading System was always a favorite of mine because most of my games take place item scarcity settings and money was either repurposed for something else or just completely removed. Bartering made more sense to have and made it easier to manage from one menu rather than using a bunch of events and conditional branches to simulate it.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Uzuki
Sounds pretty cool. I don't think I've seen any bartering plugins for MV.

Hyde233

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Galv's Actor Duel Mini Game script. That script was fun to mess with and overall pretty ambitious. It doesn't seem like Galv does much scripting these days, so the chances of this script getting ported are slim.

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
While I started with MV and plan on sticking with it, one VX Ace script that I've never seen replicated in MV is the Free Turn Battle system. I've played a game using it and found it really enjoyable, so it's a bit sad there's no real MV equivalent to it. There is a way to somewhat replicate it with a few of Yanfly's plugins (Battle Status Window, Party Limit Gauge, Instant Cast, and Auto-passive States are the important ones to my knowledge), but it's kind of awkward, especially when it comes to the enemy turns.

Standard Turn Battle and Order Turn Battle come close, but they're based on agility rather than allowing the player to pick the order their characters move in (and in the latter's case having to work around a very large, very Octopath-styled turn order display when designing the battle GUI).

Eschaton

Hack Fraud
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Probably a few days late on this one, but I personally miss Galv's Army Manager on MV, which was really just a main menu for enormous parties and good for tactical battle systems.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There was a crafting script by Venka for vxa that I loved. You had a bar and had to press a button when it filled up, somewhat like a quick time event to craft your item successfully. If you didn’t, your ingredients were wasted.

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An Icon based Skill Tree System by a User called Diety.. I remember one existing for VX. It was really awesome and easy to use and one could come up with a Custom Skill Tree in minutes. Too bad no such thing exists for RPG Maker MV.

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I'm surprised that after all these years I haven't seen an equipment levels plugin.
Fomar's Equipment Levels from RPG Maker VX Ace
Weapon leveling can actually be done fairly easily with Yanfly's Weapon Unleash plugin. Essentially all you have to do is modify the formula of the weapon to take in account a variable, which increases everytime another variable reaches a certain degree, which in turn increases everytime the weapon is used. Kinda tedious but pretty flexible and easy to set up. I did it in VXA back in the day but didn't really do anything with it.
----
Not a particular script, but there were a fair amount of scripts for VX and VXA that let you animate actor faces in battle when they got hit and when they hit something. Try as I might, I cannot find something like that for MV.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tembabavuma11