Older scripts that never made it to MV?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frogboy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was just curious about this. Every now and again, I hear someone on here mention a VX or VXA script that they loved but was never reprogrammed as a plugin for MV. I thought it would be interesting to hear about these nearly forgotten scripts, what they did and maybe a little bit about the project you were working on that featured them (even if it never saw the light of day).

Admins: I don't really know the correct forum to ask this so feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else.

2. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tinymine's Trading System was always a favorite of mine because most of my games take place item scarcity settings and money was either repurposed for something else or just completely removed. Bartering made more sense to have and made it easier to manage from one menu rather than using a bunch of events and conditional branches to simulate it.

Frogboy likes this.
  3. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Uzuki
    Sounds pretty cool. I don't think I've seen any bartering plugins for MV.

4. tale

tale Volunteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Frogboy likes this.
  5. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    All the scripts in the VX Ace section of my script works here: https://lescripts.wordpress.com/rgss3

Im still using Ace mostly so I never really had the motivation to make JS versions of them...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Frogboy and tale like this.
  6. Hyde233

Hyde233 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Galv's Actor Duel Mini Game script. That script was fun to mess with and overall pretty ambitious. It doesn't seem like Galv does much scripting these days, so the chances of this script getting ported are slim.

Frogboy likes this.
  7. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    While I started with MV and plan on sticking with it, one VX Ace script that I've never seen replicated in MV is the Free Turn Battle system. I've played a game using it and found it really enjoyable, so it's a bit sad there's no real MV equivalent to it. There is a way to somewhat replicate it with a few of Yanfly's plugins (Battle Status Window, Party Limit Gauge, Instant Cast, and Auto-passive States are the important ones to my knowledge), but it's kind of awkward, especially when it comes to the enemy turns.

Standard Turn Battle and Order Turn Battle come close, but they're based on agility rather than allowing the player to pick the order their characters move in (and in the latter's case having to work around a very large, very Octopath-styled turn order display when designing the battle GUI).

8. Eschaton

Eschaton Hack Fraud Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Probably a few days late on this one, but I personally miss Galv's Army Manager on MV, which was really just a main menu for enormous parties and good for tactical battle systems.

Marquise* and Frogboy like this.
  9. CallMeKerrigan

CallMeKerrigan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There was a crafting script by Venka for vxa that I loved. You had a bar and had to press a button when it filled up, somewhat like a quick time event to craft your item successfully. If you didn’t, your ingredients were wasted.

Frogboy likes this.
  10. Black Pagan

Black Pagan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    An Icon based Skill Tree System by a User called Diety.. I remember one existing for VX. It was really awesome and easy to use and one could come up with a Custom Skill Tree in minutes. Too bad no such thing exists for RPG Maker MV.

Frogboy likes this.
  11. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Frogboy likes this.
  12. Darkanine

Darkanine ...In my thoughts and in my dreams... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Weapon leveling can actually be done fairly easily with Yanfly's Weapon Unleash plugin. Essentially all you have to do is modify the formula of the weapon to take in account a variable, which increases everytime another variable reaches a certain degree, which in turn increases everytime the weapon is used. Kinda tedious but pretty flexible and easy to set up. I did it in VXA back in the day but didn't really do anything with it.
    ----
    Not a particular script, but there were a fair amount of scripts for VX and VXA that let you animate actor faces in battle when they got hit and when they hit something. Try as I might, I cannot find something like that for MV.

Frogboy likes this.