Olivia OTB issue with recovery skills healing the enemy [RESOLVED]

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by BreakerZero, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So there used to be a plugin for enhanced confusion handling that got caught in the soulpour mess a long time ago which I wanted to do so bad to make it work more like you'd expect. Then I buy into Olivia OTB and next thing I know, there's functionality in there which basically does the same thing. There's just one problem with that, however - to accommodate this I'm gonna need to set things to where specific skills may work differently, or simply don't fire at all. Not that it's anything on the player but it's completely game-breaking to reach the point where you have all of the most powerful resilience boosts available only to have a crew actor waste it on the other side because he simply can't get things straight as a result of the undue influence from his opponent.

ASSISTANCE RESTRICTIONS NOTICE: Because of terms and forum rules applicable to paid add-on content (and for obvious reasons) I will unfortunately be enjoined from providing a demo project in relation to investigating this matter.

EDIT 13 Sep 2019: One possible idea that I'm considering is to limit which skills fire during confusion, an implementation of the negation of any recovery skills that hit the enemy (preferably twice as much in the case of undead foes like ghosts and zombies) or perhaps even both.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    In all the options of what states can do, there is an option to seal skills (make them unusable). Just make confusion seal each and every skill you don't want to fire

BreakerZero likes this.
  3. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the advice. Seeing it's the best option I have - and the fact that it's doing what I want it to - I'll be using this approach for the purpose of implementation servicing.

EDIT: This part was by coincidence, however in the process of implementing this I was able to review a few things I didn't need to have set as they were before in relation to a similar provision that I had implemented earlier in the development process.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  4. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.