MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this, but this is the closest section I can find for this concern.

Anyway, as title says. I have Olivia's Octopath plugins and am having a blast with them. There are things that I want to do with them, and Lunatic Mode typically has the answer I'm looking for. However it appears that there is no documented way of using her plugins with it. I'm wondering if people have already achieved that before me.

Currently, I'm thinking of skills like a state where the wielder breaks one of its target's shield on a crit, or a skill that cannot be used while under a certain number of shields (simulating a shield cost requirement). I don't want to list everything I want to have, because it might take long and some features might get discarded as I progress in development.

TIA,
Marx

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(user/target).currentBreakShield gives you the that person's current number of shields.

you can use that to set up evals with it based on the number of shields the current user/target has left.

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(user/target).currentBreakShield gives you the that person's current number of shields.

you can use that to set up evals with it based on the number of shields the current user/target has left.
This is very much appreciated!

I may find myself needing more of this stuff in the future. Is there documentation of this anywhere, or how can I find this on my own?

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well... here's the thing. depending on when you bought that, it's in the JS file. and it's readable. mines from like 2018 so I can still read it cause it hasn't been encrypted and whatnot yet. so for this, and when I needed that stuff for the Boost Points, I was able to look in the files and get the info I needed. sooo you might be out of luck.

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought mine in 2020. Haven't tried to check yet because I'm away from my PC at the moment, but I'm not being hopeful now. DX

EDIT: I tried it, and I think I'm in! ...Where am I looking for exactly?

Last edited:

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
open the plugin itself in something like Microsoft Visual Studio or Sublime Text (both of which are free to download) and you can look at all the code of the file. but I'm pretty sure yours is probably encrypted if you bought it in 2020.

MarxMayhem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll try and see what I can gather, but I appreciate you pointing me at the right direction. Thanks.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

4dt5whRsr5KNFktFU1XHwZ.gif

Yeah :D
Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nami