Olivia Switching to Paid Plugins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmnislashXX, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. punchybot

punchybot Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I uh... what? I don't understand. You said this then asked me a question. But going back to the quoted, I don't understand why you made this decision with this discussion. I thought this was pretty civil, and you decided to just cut the conversation like there was an argument. If you decide to respond, can you explain why?

LTN Games likes this.
  2. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

I will be the first to go ahead and say that even if there is a demo project out there in the public, it will not get rid of the bug reports. I've done this during the VX era, and in fact, all the demo did was cause more problems. Furthermore, if the said demo project is to deter problems, then Galv and Moghunter (the examples you've used) would not have the problems with user abuse that they did and would still be in the community. The same applies for SRDude and Victor Sant, two of which, have also left the community under similar user abuse.

I agree it would better if people grow thicker skin, but I think it best if people behaved properly instead. It's a fact that content creators in this community are still being abused and leaving because of said abuse. This is not limited to just Olivia, but many other content creators as I've listed above. Many artists are under the same vein and are abused the same to the point where they all leave the same.

That's because she's a new member to the community, appeared a few months ago, and already made an immensely big impact on the community itself. Seeing as how she also hangs out in a couple of Discord chats herself, I'm more surprised you haven't heard of her unless you've been lurking in them and never really interacting.

[​IMG]

I think I'm right since you've never posted in them. I don't quite think that qualifies as "hanging around" so much as it does "lurking".

I will go ahead and say that feelings being hurt has nothing to do with Olivia's decision to require payments for her plugins. The decision came about the entitlement of abusive users from the community and if she's to continue supporting them, then she may as well get paid for it. It is a filter, to weed out the users who wouldn't be able to make a game with her plugins in the first place. Ask anyone who's been in the Discord chats, and you would get similar answers, not to mention seeing the support of her going towards paid plugins.

Looking at scenarios like this as a who wins against who situation is shallow thinking, which is akin to your comparison to the playground bullying session. Making personal attacks on Archeia also speaks volumes of this level of shallow thinking, too. You really ought to reconsider your personal attacks if you want your words to hold water.

Then it seems like her reasoning behind limiting it worked: to filter out the people who wouldn't be making good use of it.

Test driving plugins is simply something that just doesn't work. The same with art assets. Let's take this to the next level, do you see this new Humble Bundle with a test-drive option anywhere? I'd certainly love to test-drive some of these assets to see if they match my games and see if the music fits my cutscenes, but there's no such option. Looks like it's a no buy then (except I bought it). The reason there is no test-drive option is because there's no way to guarantee that a person won't run away with the creator's plugin or art assets as a form of theft. There's no people there to supervise you, unlike with test-driving a car or trying on clothes. That's just how retail works and anyone who is familiar with retail should know that.

Well then.

3. Shake0615

Shake0615 Reanimator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I honestly don’t know how anyone can be anything but grateful for all the work that @Yanfly Moghunter and all the other coders have done over the years. They’re the freakin heartbeat of this community.

And if any of them decide to put their content behind a paywall then the only thing we non-coders can say is, “Well, it was good while it lasted but the free ride is over” then do the right thing and pay to enjoy the fruit of someone else’s labor. Having any other attitude just seems obtuse to me.

4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hey guys, this topic has ran its course. I'm closing this now. :kaohi:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.