dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am trying to have my game begin with the different weapon slots already filled. At the moment, I have to manually load the menu, go to equip and add the extra weapons as part of the Olivia functionality.

Ideally though I want to write some script or notetag to have a weapon equipped during my autorun event when the game starts...

Any ideas?

Plugin reference: https://fallenangelolivia.itch.io/weapon-swap-system

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn’t make much sense. It’s a joy for players to find weapons and equip them.

dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It doesn’t make much sense. It’s a joy for players to find weapons and equip them.
It is fun, but I have at least two reasons why I still need this for gameplay purposes...

1. The opening of the game, along with the story, includes various tutorials and requires the player's hero character to be full equipped when the game begins.
(Subsequently loses weapons, and the fun of finding them begins)

2. The player in my game is able to recruit NPC's to the party, with fixed equipment sets. Unfortunately I can't find a script way to have those characters join the party with their second Olivia weapons equipped. The player has no way to alter the equipment of those NPC's in my game (nor should they)

dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Guessing this one isn't possible? No one else had this request?

dwiseman57

Merchant Prince Digital
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since this might be something unique to me, does anyone know how to go about asking the Plugin dev for help on this? Is it likely to be something that can get support directly from them? What are peoples experience with asking the pro plugin devs for help?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Aaaaannd published my game's tech demo. :D

Feel free to download and play it. And give feedback!
Hey everyone, we know that the edit bar is missing. We're working on it. You can talk about it in the announcement here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-errors-missing-edit-bar-etc.132715/
So, explain why we can no longer use BBC code or smilies in our posts? This sparks much sadness...
Are we now stuck with WYSIWYG ? I cannot revert back my posts to good old raw text ?
I'm wondering if I may be putting too many things into one map. A story, within a story, within a story . . . it's fun, but I can't shake the feeling that it may be better to scrap some of it, and use it for another map. I'm not sure what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nachteulen