Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all! I'm implementing the Order Turn Battle system from Olivia's Octo Battle. Almost everything is going well, except I'm having trouble with the HP bars and enemy names appearing in the wrong places.

example1.png
example2.png

I'm expecting them to appear directly overhead of the enemies but they seem to be almost randomly distributed. I don't see any parameters in the plugin that allow me to change the locations of the names and HP bars so I'm looking for a way to fix this issue.

Here are the plugins I currently have installed:
plugin1.pngplugin2.pngplugin3.png

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tim is right, those gauges have nothing to do with the Olivia plugin. They're the Visual HP Gauge plugin that you chose to install, and there are plugin parameters to decide which side of the battler you want them on, as well as a Y offset.

Also, unless you're carefully using plugin commands or the like to switch between them for some reason, you may run into weird things happening with both Yanfly's CTB and Olivia's Order Turn Battle installed.

Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it may be in the YEP Visual HP plugin.
Yep, that was it! Though, I also was able to place the HP gauges in the correct spot after turning off the enemy sprite auto-positioning in OctoBattle. I'm going to disable them anyway and turn on OctoBattle's gauges cause I like the HP drain to be instant rather than gradual.

Now I'm facing another slight problem. OctoBattle's HP gauges are a bit too thick for my liking. I'd prefer them to be the height of the gauges in my original post.

1655509752888.png

The only variables I see in the plugin are for minimum width and gauge padding. Is there another way to change the height of the gauges in the OctoBattle plugin?

If not, I'd instead like to find a way to make the HP drain in Yanfly's plugin instant rather than gradual.

Tim is right, those gauges have nothing to do with the Olivia plugin. They're the Visual HP Gauge plugin that you chose to install, and there are plugin parameters to decide which side of the battler you want them on, as well as a Y offset.

Also, unless you're carefully using plugin commands or the like to switch between them for some reason, you may run into weird things happening with both Yanfly's CTB and Olivia's Order Turn Battle installed.

I wasn't having any problems before, but I went ahead and disabled the CTB plugin anyway just to head off any future problems.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_5.png added!
index.php

Rendering the intro for the 4 time today, everytime it finished I noticed something that I found off and had to fix it and render it all over again...
Would not be so bad if it was not for my PC having the speed of a slug.:kaoswt2:
Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyron250