Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm facing another slight problem with Olivia's Octobattle. The plugin's HP gauges are a bit too thick for my liking. I'd prefer them to be about a half or a third of the height.

1655509752888.png

The only variables I see in the plugin are for minimum width and gauge padding. Is there another way to change the height of the gauges in the OctoBattle plugin? I'm sure there's a part in the plugin's code that determines what height the gauges are drawn at, but I don't know enough about coding to go in and fiddle with it.

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All the code is obfuscated and can't be tinkered with, trust me, I've tried. You're pretty much stuck with what's there in the options when it comes to the plugin.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would guess that it can be done, since both the screenshot and the demo video on the wiki page (that you linked) show enemy hp gauges that are way thinner than the ones in your screenshot. But I don't own those plugins, so I couldn't tell you how to do it.

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I guess you can, it must be in options somewhere. I can't help you atm though because my computer died a few hours ago :< Here is a video of what mine looks like in game though

Last edited:

Damascus7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would guess that it can be done, since both the screenshot and the demo video on the wiki page (that you linked) show enemy hp gauges that are way thinner than the ones in your screenshot. But I don't own those plugins, so I couldn't tell you how to do it.
I had a look at the sample game and then matched all of the plugin's parameters in my game to the one in the sample game, and unfortunately this didn't change the height of the gauges. I even took the plugin from both games and put them into a text compare thing but it showed that they were identical.

This is pretty frustraing :/

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is pretty frustraing :/
Have you considered reaching out to the dev (presumably Olivia)?
Such modifications are usually fairly trivial with non-obfuscated code- and given this IS obfuscated, I don't see why they wouldn't accommodate your request if not with a plugin parameter or possibly just a one-off addon type plugin that would give you what you want/need.

And in defense of the plugin author, drawing up a plugin parameter for every conceivable thing that could possibly be changed is in an of itself rather absurd.

The other alternative, is of course, don't use the plugin since it doesn't meet your requirements.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another camping area.
I just found out somebody pirated my 3,99$ game. I spent over a year making it and somebody just publish it for free a week after early access released.

I should be glad, cuz if they pirate you, that means your game has to be good, but im not. I barely sold any copy. Didn't get any info from most of the sites I wrote.
So I'm hoping that I get an MRI on my knee soon, but until then, I'm on a prescription dosage of ibuprofen. It's definitely helping, but my knee is still hurting and occasionally locks up. The urgent care doctor was convinced it's a meniscus tear due to it locking, and said that if it is, I'll need surgery. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcm90