Olivia's OTB, How to Change the visualisated Actor in the Turn Order Display?

NuelLai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

i currently started to redesign my Battle Hud. I'm using Olivias OTB and i'm facing an Issue here i can't solve on my own.

I use a bigger Battlesheet than the standard one for my Actors because i need more space and frames for my animations. But now the Actor in the Turn Order Display will be portraied way to small...is it possible to change that? I thought about a change towards a static single frame Picture of the Battlersheet or portraying the Faceset. But how?

My Static Enemies are portraied correctly.

Sadly this Battlesystem has very limited to almost none options to adjust the visuals through the plugin manager itself. And overall i have no idea how the Visualisation of the Turn Order Display is regulated. It must be completely Scripted.

Anyone know a solution for this?

Every help is appreciated.

reference.png

NuelLai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much. I was able to adjust it in the plugin itself.
But sadly i had to adjust the X an Y axis in the plugin as well to place her back into the right place and now my Enemy Graphic is completely messed up and out of place.

reference.png

I don't really know much about Java but i found a sentence in the plugin to adjust the axis but maybe i did it in the wrong place tho.

I could cry haha

The thing is i could solve this problem when i change my static enemies into the same sheet my actors have but with already over 300 existing Enemiy graphics in my game this would be a shitton of work i would like to avoid....do you had similar problems after resize the graphic in the plugin?

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use YED Sideview Battler and I actually had to tell the otb to look for images in a completely different folder lol. and that meant I needed a normal sv Pic of all of my battlers in the pictures folder. I decided that wasn't OK so I decided ultimately against using it unfortunately. tho I didn't quite have the issue you're having. I adjusted the pictures IN the boxes, not the actual X and Y axis.

NuelLai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In which picture folder you had to place the normal sv pic and how you telled the plugin to look there? I consider to use the YED Plugin as well. I have 3 Actors and it would be much less work for me to rework just the 3 Actors instead of 300 Enemies.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
once I'm home, I'll look at the file again, but basically I had to edit the image manager to look in the pictures folder instead of sv actors.

NuelLai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i made a new sheet for my actors with more frames etc. (wanted to do this anyway someday) but of course my portraied actor is even more messed up now. I looked for ways to edit the image manager but i don't really know to do this ^^" do you had time to look into your files?

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there's a spot in the js file where it says where to look for sv actors, and of course it wants to look for them in sv actors folder. I can't find my edited version of the plugin for some reason... but basically you'll see that it's using the image manager to look for these. where it says that the destination is the sv actors folder, change that to whatever folder you want to put these images in. I changed it to the pictures folder myself.

EDIT... I found it and this is what you want to edit...

return ImageManager.loadPicture(name);

normally I think this says loadSvActor or something, but I changed it to picture to load stuff from that folder. the files need to be the same in name... or at least the file needs to be the same name as the actor. I can't remember which since I decided against using this because it'd mean bloating my pictures folder with enemy pics since I needed to alter them as well.

Last edited:

NuelLai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry for the late response, my life broke apart lol.

Thank you so much, it finally works for me with the .loadPicture method.
This really made my day :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cithiri