RMMV On Board: Life is Random (Board game, HTML5)

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the set up of the scene?
It's random...

Which characters do you meet in your scenes?
It's random...

What is are the locations of your scenes?
Totally random.

Do they play in order?
Nope, all random.

How about weapons?
Random!

Armor?
Random!

Vendors?
Random!

Ha, so you can buy stuff! That is not random!
You're right, you buy a chest.

What's in the chest?
That's random.

So... Everything is random, huh?
No... What your scenes look like is totally random, but each set up has 3 possible endings.

Let me gues... Which one you get is random?
Yes! Well... No... Kinda... You throw dices. You roll once to attack, if you win, you get chests, with random loot. You will get ending 1.

And if you lose?
If you lose your enemy will counter. You throw the dice again. If you win, you evade, they miss or you block. That would be ending 2.

And if you lose this one too?
If you lose again, you get a punishment. You normally suffer 1 HP of damage. The scene ends in option 3.

Oh, there is damage, so you can die?
You can, but only if you never heal. Your treasure may contain healing items or armor. You also earn SP (TP = Skill Points) when you win battles. 5 SP will earn you 1 life point. Seems like a little, but this is 10% of your start HP.

Wow, you start with 10 HP?
Indeed, and 5 points of armor. If you have armor when you suffer damage, your armor will suffer first. After you level up a couple (2) times, you learn how to repair your armor. This will cost SP too.

Is that armor you equip?
No, but armor you equip do raise the max AP (MP = Armor Points)

Is there a way to beat the game?
There will be. For now, there is just random jokes with toilet humor. Innocent fun. But the game is set up to be beaten. There are 4 area's, all color coded:
- Blue (water)
- Red (fire)
- Green (Nature)
- Yellow (Thunder)

Are those random too?
They are now... For now every tile you land on is the same, but each colored tile should play a scene according to their element. You need to win dice battles to unlock the next scene. Unlock them all in all 4 area's, to unlock the end game battle.

Okay... Sounds cool and all, but can we play the game?
No... Well... I didn't publish it officially yet, but there is a testversion you can try.

Good enough, where do I download it?
Nowhere, you play it in your browser: HERE

(I have completely remade the game. Even the title has changed.
I try to upload screenshots of the new version, but it won't let me... So I've put them in the 3rd reply.)

Last edited:

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hey I'm from the RPG maker FB group. Glad to see your still pushing with this.

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I'm from the RPG maker FB group. Glad to see your still pushing with this.
Actually, I posted this at the same time as facebook, only it had to wait for moderation. :p
Anyhow, loads of things have been changed since then. This setup, is all gone. :p

I will upload a new demo soon. I have to straighten out some flaws in the new way scenes work, before I'll upload a new version.

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did rewrite my introduction but it won't let me upload new screenshots, and I only noticed when I already removed the old ones, so I'll put them in a reply.

upload_2019-4-26_2-40-40.pngupload_2019-4-26_2-37-55.png
upload_2019-4-26_2-38-14.png

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have opened the colored area's on the board. It is still not a full game, but it is shaping.

I just updated the HTML5 demo. Feel free to take a look and tell me what you think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3
Now listen closely... Here's a little lesson in trickery, This is going down in history...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedReaper204