Treckie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
hey,

I am trying to build a boss who summons 4 minions every x turns and kills them before he spawns them anew.
Those minions never attack and are just there to trigger different events based on what type of minion it was upon dying.

I figured it out by myself using a lot of conditional branches and setting the life of the minions to a ridicolous height.
Now I let the trigger happen on 99% life or below and kill it after the force action.

For the kill from the Boss itself I extended the commom event to summon them also with a lot of conditional branches so that the effect happens before the "new" ones are summoned.

Right now I let them appear and then transform them into the randomized type it should be.
But I stepped upon the problem, that I can only trigger an event based upon a minion on a certain position dying.

Is there a way to trigger it based on the type of monster it was?
And can I trigger a different event, if the boss kills them himself?

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Scripts' is where people who have written a completed script they want to share with others can post it.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker XP. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Treckie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sorry about that - i didnt see that I was in the script section...
thanks for moving it to the correct spot

Treckie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Figured it out by myself - using skills to call common events now. :LZYgrin:

Now I am still stuck to make the enemys disappear during the battle without dying (because that causes the trigger for some events).
I have read about a script-command but I only got error messsages as I tried to use it.

Edit: After putting a lot of hours into figuring it out - I think I got it but there is still 1 thing missing...
I use the immortal state to activate triggerred events of dying enemys before letting them truly die.
how do I reapply the immortal state after the boss summoned "new" minions?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thisistheyoshi