RMMV On Fighting Shadows -- a game about fighting within (DEMO)

rafaelleon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
FB-banner.png

On Fighting Shadows is a quasi-autobiographical project that tells the story of Marvin, a young man that aspires to be an artist, but has to face daily obstacles that originate from his own being: conditions that are commonly referred to as “hidden disabilities”. Born with hydrocephalus, a brain condition that calls for the need to install a brain shunt, Marvin deals with physical limitations and unexpected events. Around him, a wide range of characters, real and imagined, aid and challenge him in his journey to publish his first story. Alternating between melancholic and heartwarming moments, On Fighting Shadows wants to make you smile, feel sadness, and become aware of the invisible battles that thousands of people face on a daily basis.

Engine: RPG Maker MV
Tags: RPG, Drama, Adventure, Story-Focused

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

Screenshot5.png

This project is primarily a story-based adventure. Puzzles are included in the main storyline, and I am studying the possibility of implementing an action battle system for certain branching storylines.

On Fighting Shadows is currently 20% complete and the release is expected for early 2020.

Marvin.gif

Marvin:
The main character. A young man that creates his own imaginary adventures.
He dreams of one day defeating his inner shadows and becoming an artist.

Lara1.png

Lara (Codename L4R4-490):
A cyborg who travels the world in order to learn about human emotions.
She aims to be a comic artist and, if her goal isn't accomplished, a tragic fate awaits...

The playable demo is available on GameJolt. You can visit the game page by clicking on the link below:

VISIT GAME PAGE

Feedback on all areas of the game is greatly appreciated!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread
I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raigonex05