On flashing colors and slime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tsukihime, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This video, although meant to be random, demonstrates two things that are somewhat significant

1. Lots of flashy colors on the screen. Some people are unable to handle this for extended periods of time. However, I feel there are times when the flashiness is needed in order to convey a certain type of atmosphere. Are there ways to make this particular feature more accessible? Or should they just be avoided?

2. Giant Slime. Does it work? Or should they be small?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Nathan Frost

Nathan Frost ... only the world's greatest Secret Agent. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Why do I get the sensation that your just super bored today? lol

1. Throw a big warning label on your game or give them the ability to shut it off and instead use a slower pattern of primary colors only or that of RGB only.

2. Slime size doesn't seem to have undesirable effects with zoom, so I guess its size is okay either way.

3. Espon

Espon Lazy Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1. The speed and intensity is what tends to nauseate me.  That video isn't so bad but if the speed of it was ramped up then it would be bad.  I personally try to avoid quick, repetitive flashes.  I'll flash the screen for things like lightning or spell effects but those are short and last less than half a second.

2. If I'm going to fight a giant version of an enemy I would prefer it to be redrawn instead of pixelized.  I find it funny when one of the easiest enemies in game shows up later as a giant boss.

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    1) Have a warning and maybe have an option to disable it

2) King Metal Slimes of Dragon Quest games.