Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently looking for a plugin for RPG Maker MV which allows for on map turn based battles.
Victor made something similar for RPG Maker VX Ace, but I haven't been able to find anything similar for RPG Maker MV.

1609266355647.png
To clarify, I'm not looking for any kind of on map Action Battle System, I simply want the default battle system rendered on whatever map is used.

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can always take a screen shot, of the battlefield use this in your events, and then use Yanfly's action seqence to do the rest.

OR to answear your question look up Mog_hunters Chrono Engine. Down load the demo it offers 3 various ways to do it.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just had a topic about this. Unfortunately, from the replies I got, the Chrono Engine is probably your best bet.
There was a plugin in development called Spring battles, but it was never finished.

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just had a topic about this. Unfortunately, from the replies I got, the Chrono Engine is probably your best bet.
There was a plugin in development called Spring battles, but it was never finished.
Just read your thread, that's really too bad to hear.
Chrono Engine has so many weird little idiosyncrasies that it honestly is kind of turning me off to using it.
(Stuff like rtp assets being hardcoded into the .js file for instance)
If you would be interested, we could try pooling some money together to commission some experienced scripter to make what we need?

rafman2k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Karbonic ,

Chrono engine can use different assets.

This user used the time fantasy assets on the chrono engine pretty easily so your not stuck with any particular assets.

see below video:

Also there is this user who customized chrono engine to fit his game which also uses different assets.

If your willing to pay for a experienced scripter would recommend commissioning moghunter to modify his plugin since it would be less work that building something completely from scratch . I believe he will be porting this to MZ some time this year .

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Yeah, I've been using it for a bit.
What I was referring to is the fact that some sound effects are directly coded into the .js file, so you need to manually change them there, which is a bit of a pain but nothing too hard at all.
No worries! Everything seems to be moving fairly well right now!

rafman2k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok for those interested there is someone making a on map battle plugin for MZ which is still in development . It seems to use the default battle system ...

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok for those interested there is someone making a on map battle plugin for MZ which is still in development . It seems to use the default battle system ...

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.
Decided to work on my game a little bit, made this Motel looking building. I am still on temporary hiatus though as getting Therapy is more difficult than I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drackro023