Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title.png
Time to scout out some ruins!

Story:

Trip, a member of a scouting guild, has been tasked with investigating the remains of a research facility after magical activity was reported within it. As he ventures deeper, he meets a peculiar man. The two decide to journey deeper together to stop the source of this activity...

Download Link

Gameplay notes:
  • A 4-6 hour story of two people exploring an old facility for... entirely different reasons.
  • 2-character battle system focused on providing offense or giving support for the other ally. Manage the energy between both characters properly.
  • A quick, simple, menu-based dungeon exploration system. Fight, get treasure, overcome obstacles, and more!
  • Both characters have a unique field skill to help make navigating through the 8 floors easier. Use them if you'd like, but they're limited on each floor. Be mindful!
    • A lot of short moments of banter through Trip's "Scout" in particular. Every Scouting event has its own unique dialogue.
Screenshots:
2023_10_30_12_33_19_517_1598.png
2023_10_30_12_22_45_796_1533.png
2023_10_30_12_19_34_550_4481.png

More Screenshots:

2023_10_30_12_31_59_437_3113.png
2023_10_30_12_33_25_786_639.png
2023_10_30_13_16_45_902_1410.png

• Thanks for the interest! This game was initially released as a demo for the "event event" event held over on rmn. Now that it's complete, I wanted to bring it over here!
  • This is currently Version 1.0. I plan to release an patch later this month that fixes and balances a number of things. Still, if you find any errors, let me know! I appreciate it! I also appreciate any general feedback, of course!

Last edited:

TRIDIUM

This is as festive as I'm fricking getting.
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love the art style for this.
Will be giving it a try.

Cythera

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was an absolutely adorable game. I had such a blast playing this! I got so drawn in I played the entire thing in one sitting (sleep is overrated)

There's some more in-depth feedback in the spoiler, but this is an easy 9/10 for me.

• The character portraits are perfection. Adorable with so much expression!
  • The cutscene artwork had me laughing; my personal favorites were Trip in the vine, and the computer hijack(and of course the ending one; tall Era and short Trip is precious) I cannot tell you how much I loved these lil sketches haha
  • Trip and Era are really well-written. They have their own voice, they're imperfect and you see these flaws, but you also see their redeeming qualities. All written organically; nothing feels forced. All their interactions have great chemistry and flow nicely
  • There's some really funny bits in this game. I reloaded my save file to see every single outcome with the potions.
    I did 'surprise me' first, and Trip yelling that Era isn't dead; wake up! Had me laughing like a madwoman. I can def picture Trip slapping Era back to life in indignant anger
  • Combat can trip(pun actually not intended) you up if you aren't paying attention. I wiped in some of the solo Era fights(3 robots and one of the dark fights - granted, I wasn't at full health for that so def my own fault) and once in the 'Trip' fight(got greedy; should have healed)
    Character dialogue gives important hints about combat, so pay attention!
    You get access to so much equipment, and you can do some fun things with different setups.
    Items are effective, and well-priced. You can also farm money in 'safe zones' without fear of a game over. You can't get EXP this way though, which preserves the balancing. Very nicely done, dev!
    Your healing/support skills are effective too, but certainly aren't magical erase-mistakes skills. You need to time them properly, and make sure you have enough energy (party limit break, I believe?) to use them.
    The final fight was a pushover though. I landed multiple DoTs on her, and it melted her health. Maybe make the DoTs do less damage to her?
  • While I didn't try it myself, this game also comes with a 'story mode' which gives you an insta-win item for combat. So if you're just here for the characters, you can use the item to get past some of the tougher encounters
  • Small bug: I noticed that enemies will sometimes not die to the Torch counterattack. The damage and KO popups will appear, but they sometimes don't take the damage that would actually cause the KO. So if an enemy has 3 HP left and Torch does 4 HP, it'll show the damage, show KO, but the enemy HP doesn't actually change. This doesn't happen all the time - saw it maybe 4 times my whole run? - but it's a strange thing to have happen.
  • The plot itself is just fine; there was a few missing parts to worldbuilding that left me with an unclear view of the world, but honestly? This game is carried by the characters. That's all it needs.
  • I'm not usually a fan of field skills because they're typically just mechanic-padding. But these ones? Useful to me in-game with scouting telling me if there's a battle or if I can hold off healing, and of course my in-field healing. Spotlight having an in-battle effect too was a great bonus.
    The field skills also come with their own dialogue and mini skits - and who doesn't want more of Trip and Era quipping at each other!?

I dunno what else to say. This is simply a fun, ENJOYABLE game. It doesn't do anything crazy with shiny animations or fancy systems.
It's just a journey of two loveable characters. I 100% recommend people give it a try :kaojoy:
I want to see more of these characters at some point haha

Shuruzy

But what do I know?
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cythera Whoaaa thank you for the feedback! Not gonna lie I was smiling reading how much you liked certain things. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed it! It's especially nice to hear that about the characters, I always try to put a little extra focus into character writing/interaction lol.

I'll see what I can do about the torch issue (hopefully not a difficult fix), and I'll definitely nerf the DoT damage for the final fight. Thanks for letting me know!

Shuruzy

But what do I know?
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! After some great feedback, version 1.1 of One Final Burial is here!

The updates are as follows:

PATCH GUIDE:
1) Go to the "www > save" folder in version 1.0
2) Copy the save data and paste it into the "www > save" folder of version 1.1
NOTE: For best results, load a save that is in a Rest area. Loading a save mid-floor will not apply certain 1.1 changes until you reach another rest floor.

PATCH NOTES:
[General Fixes/Changes]
  • "Obstacle Slowdown" has been added to the Options menu. Turn it on if you'd like to slow down the Obstacle QTE timer!
  • Added a new battle theme for floors 5-6.
  • Added a new boss theme for floor 6.
  • Adjusted the amount of Del given by Soulstice's summons.
  • General grammar errors have been fixed.

[Battle/Skills]

Trip:
  • "Trick Blade" has been renamed to "Night Trick". If foe is inflicted with Sleep and/or Lights Out, it will deal additional damage for each.
  • "Crossbow Bolts" has been nerfed.
  • Trip learns a new passive after Floor 7's first boss.

Erakhos:
  • "UV Bane"'s ailment infliction rate has been increased.
  • "Glare" now applies to KO. It grants a +20% infliction rate to KO.
  • "Sunbathe" now moves last.
  • Skill name displays disappear appropriately for Sol Beam, Solspark, and Dragon Blood.
  • Fixed Erakhos' movement during Butterfly Sun.

Ailments:
  • Inconsistencies between "Frostbite" and "Shiver" have been addressed. The sole ailment is Frostbite.
  • "Freeze" will now be removed after taking damage.
  • "Burn" now lowers ATK by 25%.
  • "Frostbite" now lowers SPD by 25%.

Etc:
  • "Bitter Claw" now has a chance to inflict Solar Expose.
  • General stat adjustments for some enemies.
  • Soul 189 no longer gives EXP.
  • Shadow Spawn gives 2 Del instead of 0.
  • "Lunar Hellion"'s damage has been lowered. It now only begins to be used when the foe's health is low.
  • "Twilight Temptation"'s damage has been lowered slightly.
  • After reaching the 50% SP threshold on Floor 7's first boss, the boss' stats will be lowered by 10% for 3 turns.

[Items]
  • Items now move first.
  • Nerfed Stamina Spray.
  • Bolt Drop and Double Bolt's descriptions have been changed.
  • All Off-hand items are sellable.

[Cutscenes]
  • Fixed a few nametag placement errors.
  • Fixed an error in the dialogue of Floor 4's 5th event.
  • Fixed a placement error in Floor 5's "Orange Potion" event option.
  • Fixed a placement error in Floor 5's 14th "Scout" event.
  • Cutscene bars stay in during Floor 8's final scene.
  • Closing the menu before boss battles no longer puts you into the fight automatically.

Thanks again for all the feedback!
1.1 Complete.png

Macrophage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I keep getting a data error when trying to extract the game files.
img\battlebacks1\Final Battle.rpgmvp

zunoar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 282792
Time to scout out some ruins!

Story:

Trip, a member of a scouting guild, has been tasked with investigating the remains of a research facility after magical activity was reported within it. As he ventures deeper, he meets a peculiar man. The two decide to journey deeper together to stop the source of this activity...

Download Link

Gameplay notes:
  • A 4-6 hour story of two people exploring an old facility for... entirely different reasons.
  • 2-character battle system focused on providing offense or giving support for the other ally. Manage the energy between both characters properly.
  • A quick, simple, menu-based dungeon exploration system. Fight, get treasure, overcome obstacles, and more!
  • Both characters have a unique field skill to help make navigating through the 8 floors easier. Use them if you'd like, but they're limited on each floor. Be mindful!
    • A lot of short moments of banter through Trip's "Scout" in particular. Every Scouting event has its own unique dialogue.
Screenshots:
View attachment 282794
View attachment 282795
View attachment 282796

More Screenshots:

• Thanks for the interest! This game was initially released as a demo for the "event event" event held over on rmn. Now that it's complete, I wanted to bring it over here!
  • This is currently Version 1.0. I plan to release an patch later this month that fixes and balances a number of things. Still, if you find any errors, let me know! I appreciate it! I also appreciate any general feedback, of course!
oh my, the art looks so pretty, i'll give it a try.

Shuruzy

But what do I know?
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Shuruzy

But what do I know?
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Version "1.10" has been uploaded, which hopefully fixes the file error that Macrophage came across (as well as myself when I extracted the game, though it was a different file).

If the extraction error does not apply to you, then there's no need to download this version. Nothing has changed between 1.1 and "1.10"

and @zunoar thank you! I hope you enjoy it!

Macrophage

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks, all good for me now. I just played a little bit (I died twice to second encounter :rswt) and I gotta say already this is a really charming game -- definitely going to keep playing. Will post full review when I'm done, which may be a while.

ObsidianWind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like the spunky art style! Gives the game a unique flavour :LZScool:

Shuruzy

But what do I know?
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ObsidianWind thanks! I'm glad you like the style:rwink:! I was admittedly experimenting with some new things for my usual style for this game, so I'm happy to hear that!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I decided that for the video game i will work next year i will use characters from my TCG as main characters for the RPGMAKER game, so expand the universe, that will be a cool :CoOoOL: Here some of my characters :

Ah also yes I'm accepting commission in case tat you ask for haha.
Some people shouldn't be parents. Someone put their toddler in the hallway of the apartment building I live in at 11 p.m.... and let her wander. The heck is wrong with people?!
Twitch! Strean is currently live with some more gamedev! Feel free to drop by~
If you need some maps done, but don't like mapping or just want to focus on other areas of your gamedev, my workshop is alway open! Hit me up!
Someone leaked the GTA VI trailer, so Rockstar just put it out today. Let the hype period truly begin!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkaneDesu