mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no plugins that are designed to work around these restrictions.
@Touchfuzzy I have a one map "infinite runner" that uses Yanfly Region Events so that when the player gets to the next region, the player and BGM speed up. The game is one map, 1 map event, and 9 common events triggered by the corresponding regions. Is that acceptable, or is the use of regions to trigger events instead of placing events all over the map considered a work around?

EDIT: Well...if it's acceptable, then here's the link: https://gamesmastermind.itch.io/a-snowballs-chance It's free. No donations solicited or accepted.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Jaase : Then open up RPGMaker and make a game meeting the rules. That's all that is required.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well..... after forever I finally opened up the game I was designing for this challenge. I have no idea if the NPCs standing around count as "events" since you can't interact with them. There is just two actual "active" events when you go up to the counter and when you sit at the table where you should sit (and the event continues from there). But to be safe, I kept it within 10 (the standing around NPCs being 8 and the actual events being 2, equaling 10). Let's see how this rolls when it's done, I am super excited!

Licosda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just started using RPG Maker and this challenge seems fun.
Will I still be eligible for the badge if I complete it ?

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Licosda
Unless someone official says otherwise, you should be eligible for the badge (why not read through this thread to make sure for yourself?). Keeping track of who has finished this challenge might not be a priority anymore though, so it might take a while.

k_mckenzie

Fey.Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Herro! I'd like to enter the following into the one-map game challenge:

Cattack: An Absolute Cattastrophe is a visual novel made in RPG Maker MV for Trijam: The Ultimate Mega Extreme edition, a game jam on Itch.io. My husband made the graphics, and I did the programming and sound. Took 9 hours to complete.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Just coming back here to see if there are any new submittals, I personally can't believe it's been over a year since my submission.

I think it could be fun for the community to make a list of small self-imposed challenges like this one. It's a great way for people getting started with the program to create a short game while getting used to the tools, while also challenging more experienced users to work around limitations in interesting ways.

HeyItsKidd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That could be really cool!

If it helps generate ideas, I'll mention that the Tomb Raider fandom tends to do lots of different custom level challenges with stuff like holiday/setting themeing, or certain restrictions like "No combat" or "Only use default graphics"...maybe something like that could work for the RPGMaker community?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, I just went through the thread finding all the games posted since the last time we gave out medals. If I missed you, please respond and @ me in the thread with a link to your entry.

Apologies for not updating the medals until now! Thank you.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm new so this is a great place to start!
It really is! As a beginner it is great to learn the engine and create a good first game with a limited scope, and when you are more experienced it is a great challenge to come back to in order to find out just how much you can do with just ten events!

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a limit to how many items you can have?

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fluffymonster
Probably no but do u really wanna make a full database for a one map game with very limited events? Sounds counterproductive to me. XD
-
I might make something for this event soon (better late than never) mainly just for fun.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could be done for funsies depending on how serious the game itself is. "Wading through the items" could probably be a great short satire game.
I did a whole character customization sequence for what was basically a short minigame compilation, purely for the heck of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21