Aaron

Code Mage Unproductive Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Are we allowed more than one submission or are we limited to one? I'm new to RPGMaker and wanted to use this challenge to see which engine I prefer between 2003, VXAce and MV.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are we allowed more than one submission or are we limited to one? I'm new to RPGMaker and wanted to use this challenge to see which engine I prefer between 2003, VXAce and MV.
You can submit as many times as you like. I mean you can only get one badge but you can submit infinite project if you would like.

Beregon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I'm making a game for this event and I wanted to have a character that gets revived every 4th round if he gets KO'd in battle. The only way I can think of to do that is to add his revival as part of the troop event to every troop. Would that still be in the spirit of the rules or should I just delete that?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm making a game for this event and I wanted to have a character that gets revived every 4th round if he gets KO'd in battle. The only way I can think of to do that is to add his revival as part of the troop event to every troop. Would that still be in the spirit of the rules or should I just delete that?
I sure hope troop events aren't counted. The last two battles in my submission use about 5 in total, and if you add that to the 9 map events I used...I'm screwed. D:

Edit: Actually two total, forgot pages don't count. 3 pages on the final boss and 2 on the battle right before. Still, that puts me over by 1. :(

aidan012

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
does the start event count towards our 10 event limit?

Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is nice! :LZSproud:

then i soon can open a thread for the extended version from my game! :LZSexcite:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay, got the badge. Now to add about a dozen or so more battles to the full version of it. ;)

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We have a total of 10 events, is there a limit of the number of pages of each event or can we really all pages? Also, do troops count as an event, as they also use the Game_Interpreter events use?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We have a total of 10 events, is there a limit of the number of pages of each event or can we really all pages? Also, do troops count as an event, as they also use the Game_Interpreter events use?
As many pages as you want, and on map events and common events are what are counted.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Seems like this challenge got a spike in popularity due to the release of MZ, which is great, this is a great way to try out the new engine.

I'll give it a shot myself as soon as I get another idea. My last game got a bit of criticism, so it might be interesting to make a sequel addressing them, but at the same time I don't want to do mostly the same thing again.

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
This sounds really cool! I should totally try this sometime! :D

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are we allowed to post more than one game? Or is it a one lifetime challenge?

ApproximatelyCats

Teeth Eating Anomaly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Ohh I love this challenge idea! Have a few ideas I will tinker with and see what I come up with.

EDIT: QUESTION

And if say we wanted a 'start' map consisting of 1 blank tile to start on a black screen, is that allowed? I've noticed in almost every maker if you tint the screen black instantly upon entering a map you still see the map for a split second.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shoutala