Event One Map Game Challenge

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was working hard on my MV game, then I got hospitalized. :kaocry:RPG maker FES for 3DS is the only rpg maker I have on hand now, but I guess that’s not allowed in the rules aye? Has to be one of them PC RM’s, hm?? :kaoswt2:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda I'm pretty sure a game made with FES wouldn't be accepted just because most of us wouldn't be able to play it then, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't plan it all out with your 3DS and then do it over with MV for your entry. There isn't an end date for this challenge so don't feel like you need to rush to get something done, just focus on recovering. :)

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hiddenone
Yeah, I figured myself it probably wouldn’t count ;) I don’t think the company that runs this site has anything to do with the 3DS FES game. Buuut, it’s booring in the hospital so I put it out there anyway.

I have a game in the works back home already, but we’ll see whenever I can get get back to that though...

aarn321

Space Bunny
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could also use your ipad or a notebook and pen to jot down any good ideas that come to you. Hiddenone is right though, your first priority should be staying relaxed and recovering.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Parallax Panda *cybermental hugs* pfft! When the guys in the hospital offers you a walk and sit elsewhere get that 3DS out and let those neurons works a bit while your body regenerate. And please take care, we miss you!

PS if you can snuck that thing under the pillow for when you have inspiration.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow & @Marquise* & @Canini & @hiddenone & @aarn321

Thank you all. I just got released from the hospital earlier today actually. Luckily I didn't suffer any major damage and function normally (but now I eat medicine just in case).

I'll probably take a short break from MV and my one map project though. Rehabilitation and other stuff is going to take priority but I've a pretty cool sailing game in development for this challenge, and it was (somewhat) close to alpha release before I got the darn stroke. Oh, in any case, I'll get back it eventually (when I feel better).

Thanks everyone for your kind words! :kaoluv:

Best.
P.Panda.

aarn321

Space Bunny
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dreadshadow & @Marquise* & @Canini & @hiddenone & @aarn321

Thank you all. I just got released from the hospital earlier today actually. Luckily I didn't suffer any major damage and function normally (but now I eat medicine just in case).

I'll probably take a short break from MV and my one map project though. Rehabilitation and other stuff is going to take priority but I've a pretty cool sailing game in development for this challenge, and it was (somewhat) close to alpha release before I got the darn stroke. Oh, in any case, I'll get back it eventually (when I feel better).

Thanks everyone for your kind words! :kaoluv:

Best.
P.Panda.
I'm glad to know you're doing better! I hope you're not alone though. I'd feel better knowing you had someone around to keep a close eye on you in case any more complications arise.

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
Sounds interesting. I'd be up for it.

@Touchfuzzy Just a question about the "No simulating multiple maps using complicated tileset switching or other such tricks" part.
RPG Maker VX makes use of a unique tileset for everything. Does this rule apply for VX as well? There would be no complicated tileset switching, but there would probably be one or two 'rooms' in the map.
Also, do self-switches count as well for the 10 switch limit?

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
@Shin Kitsune That wasn't what he was referring to.
The five pages of tiles in VX is one tileset.

In Vx Ace and MV, you have multiple slots tilesets, and you can change them through eventing (IE Changing an interior house to an exterior tileset).

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
@Shin Kitsune That wasn't what he was referring to.
The five pages of tiles in VX is one tileset.

In Vx Ace and MV, you have multiple slots tilesets, and you can change them through eventing (IE Changing an interior house to an exterior tileset).
I mostly was referring to the "multiple map simulating", as in, a part of the map looking like the outdoors, then another one like inside a house and so on

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a chance we can have an adaptation for VNM? That badge looks so cool:kaocry:

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but I got an idea for a short RPG that will have one fight that puts you in the role of this colossal fruit bat named Stilton The macro bat, but I want to know if battle scripts count as events. If so, then I'll have to tone down my ideas for that battle. If not, then I should be fine.

sleepy_sealion

Need to work harder!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hope this isn't a bad thing to ask - but I kind of wanted to know if my submission met the requirements or if it's "medal-worthy". I'm just happy to have something out, but I've been curious if I met the original goals or not?

And if that means I get a chance to re-do the challenge and get some more small game practice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't know where to put my self in my demo credits like rly ? directed by aniaaous ? i didn't made a single pixel or code .-.
Making progress on the pathfinding plugin:

That's a 1000x1000 grid (i.e. a map with 1 million tiles), finding a walkable path in ~1ms. Still have lots more testing to do with more complicated maps, but I'd say that's a pretty good start :kaopride:
It's good to be back making First Impression videos.
That sigh when a roaming chicken blocks your move event :/
Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razluna