One-Time-Only Event Question

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by TrevorDarksteel, Oct 21, 2019.

1. TrevorDarksteel

TrevorDarksteel Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    My intent: a one-time only message to the player upon leaving the start map I created.

I tried doing this with an "Autorun" trigger and found that worked better than a Self Switch, as the Self Switch reset upon re-entering the map. My guess now is that I need to name an actual Switch to flip so that it stays permanently past the message and reverts the door into a generic map-warp. Am I on the right track?

Footnote: I accidentally posted this originally under Tutorials, and couldn't figure out if my paygrade on the boards allowed me to move the post to the correct forum...Sorry for the double post.

2. Kaylie

Kaylie Enraged Meditator Member

First Language:
    Chinese English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes correct. Use global switch instead of self switch, but since you've already mentioned it, my guess is you have already figured that out on your own.

3. mishakoc

mishakoc Professional Procrastinator Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have no idea how your event works but self switches don't get reset when re-entering the map (unless you manually reset them yourself). It doesn't really matter whether you use a self switch or normal switch in this scenario, both are permanent (again, unless you reset them yourself).