KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just recently finished the full game of my game "One's Desolation".

One's Desolation is an adventure horror game that controls on a 2D plane. (similar to a platformer) There are scenarios where your choices can affect whether or not the main character can make it out alive. This game is very story-driven so expect a fair bit of cutscenes.

What I want you to do is tell me if you find any bugs or any other quality of life improvements I could implement. This game will take roughly 2 hours to complete.

In the esteemed estate of the Cichy mansion, there seems to be a void within the household. However, one day Adele Cichy tells her daughter Liridona she has set up an arranged marriage with a prince named Nathaniel. Everything seems to be going well between the two of them until Liridona hears something she shouldn't have from the prince. So, can she escape from Nathaniel's grasp or will she succumb to his persistence?

Screen1.PNG
Screen2.PNG
Screen3.PNG

Liridona.pngLiridona Cichy: She is the main character of One's Desolation. She is a shy and quiet person, having trouble standing up for herself and speaking up. Where she lacks confidence she makes up for it by helping others out and listening to other people's woes.

Draven.pngDraven: An extra-dimensional demon that helps Liridona escape from her home. He is rather confident and lives in the moment, not putting much thought into his actions. He has a deep-seated hatred for Nathaniel and will label him a "fiend".

Nathaniel.pngNathaniel: Liridona's arranged spouse-to-be. He is cunning and manipulative. He loves toying with other people's lives and can be quite possessive of Liridona.

Adele.pngAdele: The mother of Liridona. On the surface, she appears kind and caring, but underneath that facade, she is actually cold and stern. She and Nathaniel have a sinister agenda for Liridona but her true intentions are unknown.

Controls

Arrow keys: Move and scroll through the menus

Space bar, Z key or Enter key: Interact with objects or people

C Key: Open/Close Menu

X Key: Cancel choices

Feedback I am looking for
- Any bugs and/or typos you may find
- Is the horror used effectively?
- How are the story and characters?

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cesuqwm01sdbslp/One's Desolation -Game- 1.0.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

LazyPanda19

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm willing to playtest, tbh your game sounds rather interesting.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm willing to playtest but I'm not very good at games. Do you have a guide or something?

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm willing to playtest but I'm not very good at games. Do you have a guide or something?
I do not have a guide for the game, unfortunately. Although, the game has an in-game hint system to nudge you in the right direction.

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I do not have a guide for the game, unfortunately. Although, the game has an in-game hint system to nudge you in the right direction.
Hints are fine too.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The games industry runs on the altruism and passion of its victims.
All I've done today is sleep ; n ; I don't feel like eating my tummy says no I hope you guys are having a good day tho
Change of gears, WoP is still on going, GAN would be for a long future. Personal issues and studies keep going, HOWEVER, i recognised I started WoP badly and i needed to start from scratch from tilesetting!! Happy RPG Making Everyone!!!
Come join us while we play this fabulous game, Kindred Novel, by Birdbunch. We'll be checking out 2 hours today and 2 more tomorrow! Starting at 4pm EST

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flapsygames