CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I replied to a thread a while back about these generators, but I thought I should get the word out. I use these generators a lot when I need to refresh my thought process, or I'm stuck when I'm writing a story. To be honest, sometimes I don't even use what is generated, they just get my mind going.

Seventh Sanctum has hundreds of generators for characters, character descriptions, settings, setting names, vampire names, fantasy names, races, classes, legend mashups, you name it. They're not restricted to just fantasy, they have sci-fi and gadget generators, plot generators, plot twist generators, for any type of setting, and each generator even has different and specific way of generating the information you need.

Another generator website I really like is Chaotic Shiny. They're linked to in Seventh Sanctum's home page, but they have a lot of character focused generators. If you can't find what you're looking for on Seventh Sanctum, Chaotic Shiny probably has it! They have generators about character motivations, attitudes, emotions, and also character looks. They even have a culture section with laws, religions, superstitions,and more story-centric generators!

I'm not affiliated with these websites, I've just been using them for years and thought I'd share.

seventh sanctum.PNG

seventh sanctum1.PNG

seventh sanctum 3.PNG

chaotic shiny.PNG

chaotic shiny2.PNG

chaotic shiny 3.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This generator seems really in depth (most others I have seen just seemingly mashes random word and phrases together and sounds like a mad-lib). As you say, it gets your mind working more than it gives you any concrete story ideas. I am going to play around with this a bit now.

Seerfree

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use those generators sometimes and they're pretty helpful! Another couple that are quite good are http://fantasynamegenerators.com/ and http://springhole.net/index.html, the latter of which also has a lot of good advice on writing and other useful things as well as a variety of generators. I do love how specific Seventh Sanctum's generators can be though, it has some really creative stuff there. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tiamat-86 wrote on Andar's profile.
tfw just trying to help and get yelled at. /comfort
:LZSooo: Gotcha Gotcha Games... have launched an official discord server for RPG Maker. :LZSooo:

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dramacoolanetamak