RMMV [Online] RPGmod - 1.1.1 (new Tower Defense Map)

douggang

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bro I can not upload online have discord? to help me?

Last edited:

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Battle Royal 0.4 Beta is live!

Changes:
-
Custom maps now don't have a specific game mode. You can create one the way you wish through mapping and editing server.js
-new "server.onmessage(message)" function, which can be used in custom maps to wait for server messages to trigger events(Messages sent from server to client must start with "server:"). To send messages from client to server, you can use the global function "connection.send(message)".
>When making a map, remember not to use the switches 4998, 4999, 5000, the pictures id 97,98,99 and 100 nor common events 1 through 11, to make sure your map won't bug the player's game.
-You can now send commands through in-game chat:
>"/adm <password>" makes you admin(you'll need to setup a password in server.js if you're using node.js or through the command "admpass <password>" if you're using jit.js)
>"/list" lists all players connected and their IDs
>"/kick <id>" kicks a certain player
>"/mute <id> <time In seconds>" blocks a player from using chat for X seconds,
-New "mute" command(for admins).
-Now displays a text during connection to the server, to show its progress.
-New menu design.
-New options menu(made by Yanfly, soon to be further extended).
-Fixed transfer command allowing for a player to be teleported to another map(if you make an event that has a transfer to another map, it will instead transfer to the same map you're in using the given coordinates)
-Fixed problem with key "E" sending messages in chat automatically.
-Fixed problem where joining a server with custom map through favorites could crash the game if there wasn't a folder "map" within the "www" folder.
-Removed some unused files.
-Replaced SRD's plugins for the HUD with a more simple one made by me. This should improve performance and lower memory usage a bit(and also fix the performance problems when opening chrome's console in MV)

Future:
Initially I made this game having Battle Royal games in mind, but considering MV's limitations and my own lack interest in battle royal games lately, I've decided to make it be more like CS2D(where there is a main game mode(or in this case, a few main ones), but each server owner can build their own game mode, maps, scripts,etc.) from now on.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New update: RPG Battle Royal 0.5 Beta.

Changes:
-New MP potion.
-New basic Minimap system.
-New basic ESC menu.
-Added support for gamepad.
-New Keyboard config menu.
-New Gamepad config menu.
-Fixed HP and MP bars being able to go beyond 100%.
-Fixed player's name sometimes taking a while to display/update.
-Fixed minor problems that could cause the game to throw an error right after connecting to a server.
-Loading's text is more accurate now.
-Updated main menu.
-Players' IDs are now shown on the left of their names.
-The game no longer uses picture ID 97, which means you can freely use it in your custom map.
-Server.js is now easier to config, having its 3 main variables at the top.
-Server.js won't read the map file every time the client asks for the map info anymore, saving CPU resources.
-Client now won't send its position to the server if the player doesn't move. That should lower bandwidth usage by a lot.
-Increased chance to spawn chests of all types in the default map/game mode.

Last edited:

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New Update: RPG Battle Royal 0.6 Beta.

-Shield now will automatically be equiped(only one can be equiped) and can't be dropped anymore.
-New Building tool.
-New lighting and Fog system(Khas advanced lighting and fog).
-New lantern(the player will always have it equipped. It's a global light that appears for all player when one turns it on).
-Added day/night system to the default game mode(synchronized by the server).

-The client now won't replace its default tileset/audio files anymore. When making a custom map, make sure to name your tileset/audio files to something that not the same as the default ones to make sure your map works.
-Fixed: when playing the default game mode, the match won't reset anymore if there are only 2 players alive and a expectator leaves the match.
-Fixed: now even if a player joins after an event has been spawned, the event will be spawned for them aswell.
-Fixed: gramps being able to sell HP potions to people with an MP potion.
-Fixed: gramps being able to sell items to dead players and spectators.
-Fixed: opening chests on top of each other causing all chests in the same position to disappear.
-Fixed: HP bar not displaying HP percentage correctly if the player equipped a shield.
-Fixed: MaxHP and MaxMP not going back to 100 when the server resets the game.
-Fixed: MP potion not being removed from your inventory upon death.
-Fixed: a typo in server.js
-Fixed: a typo in the script responsible for copying the custom map downloaded to correct folder, that could cause custom maps to not work.
-Removed "Now Loading" image.
-Removed contents of "SceneManager.onError" from deployed version to avoid weird random errors that don't seem to affect the game but were still blocking it whenever thrown.

Tatsuya

Tatsyua Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New update (0.7 Beta) is out! And its the biggest as of yet!

and also, thanks to a friend of mine(F3lix_10m): we finally have an Official server online 24/7! :D

Changes:

-You can now offload the map upload process(server -> client) to a file server(http or https). The link must be a direct file download.
-Initial Gold option added.
-Faster Custom Map loading: The client now extract the .zip file asynchronously and moves more files at once. This should speed up loading time(after the download).
-You can now use common events in your custom map.
-New Cancel button inside loading.
-The client will now request focus once it finishes loading the map.
-New building "crystal" that restores player's HP and MP over time upon contact.
-Moved the "change name" menu to inside the options menu.
-Updated NW.js to v0.44.1
-Enemy bots have been added.
-New Default map(4x bigger).
-HUD now moves according to the window size.
-Favorites now work the same way as server list does(only showing online servers, displaying the current amount of players online, its player limit and your ping).
-Creating servers is now much easier.
-Server: Small performance improvement for "broadcast" function
-RSA Encryption for connections.
-Better synchronization of players' position.
-Networking and Encryption on the client is now handled in a separate thread.
-Server: The script should consume less memory when you upload the map file using it.
-Server: New map upload throttle option
-New controls: You now aim with the mouse and move with WASD by default.
-New "ban <id>" command.
-Servers now can have a password.
-new "/closeserver <password>" and "/openserver" commands.

Fixes:

-Fixed: The client won't keep audio and image files downloaded anymore. This should solve the game's increase in disk usage over time.
-Fixed: The client won't pause the loading when its minimized anymore.
-Fixed: If the chat is opened and you press ESC, it will no longer open the menu.
-Fixed: Pressing ESC to close the chat won't force you to press Y twice to open it again.
-Fixed: Names displayed above players won't disappear/take time to update randomly anymore.
-Fixed: Kick command now works properly.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Closing at the OP's Request.

If you would like this thread re-opened before you release the game, simply Report this post and let us know.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1.0.0 UPDATE!

This is probably the biggest update yet for the game. It took around a year to develop, but I'm satisfied enough with the results to call this the first major update and "relaunch" of the game. This version brings MANY new changes, such as 2 new game modes, new weapons, new constructions, HUGE performance improvements, and more!

Changes:

-New server tick system(default being 30, max 1000).

-New max afk time setting for servers.

-Two new maps and game modes: Free for All and Zombies.

-New building: Sentry. It shoots arrows on 4 directions.

-Default BR Map slightly tweaked

-Server script updated to be easier for custom scripting. Now you can make a new file called "custom.js", place it in the same folder as the server scripts and add custom scripts to your server on it! The server by default will respond to 4 main functions called on_start(runs when the server starts), on_tick(runs on every server tick), on_message(runs every time the server receives any message, receiving "msg" and "connection" as input), on_close(runs whenever a connection closes, receives "connection" and "message" as parameter, the later being useful for error detection), but you can write code outside those aswell.

-Both Default map and the free for all contain coconuts in the ground that restore health.

-New Melee weapon: Sword.

-New script files to run the server using purely node.js

-New indication to where the buildings are going to spawn when using the building tool.

-Added TTS Chat option.

-The player and event(in custom map) limit per server has been raised from 100 to 1000(Thanks to all performance optimizations on both client and server).

-New animations and sound effects added.

-New UI that shows kills, name and ID(default key: TAB).

-Client now shows how fast you're downloading a custom map.

-Now if the player isn't running, they won't make footstep noises anymore.

-Minimap now displays a red dot indicating player position on the map.

-Removed the ******* button.

-New auto updater added to the main menu.

-Player also changes skin randomly when they join a server.

-When a player dies, the screen now turns grey for them and there will blood where they were to indicate someone died in that spot. The server now also announces when a player dies and, depending on game mode, it will announce the amount of players left(both in chat).

-Added emojis to chat

-Added new /w and /whisper chat commands for sending a private message to a player in game.

-Removed upload limits for throttling the upload

-Players now drop the items they were carrying when they die.

-Flashlight's light slightly changed

Optimizations:

-The game's zip file size is now smaller.

-Messages are better encrypted and encryption/decryption should be 10% faster aswell.

-Many server functions are no longer anonymous, being now properly cached and optimized. This should nearly double their performance.

-Several micro optimizations for the client.

-Amount of messages sent between client and server has been reduced, saving up data and server processing.

-Client now offloads map extraction to a temporary secondary thread, avoiding lagging the game.

Fixes:

-Fixed minor collision problems on default map.

-Fixed some problems with the bots A.I.

-Fixed Portals on the default map not respawning on match reset.

-Fixed instances where if the player reached exactly 0 HP, they would get knockout status, not allowing the HP to be recovered and making them an eternal ghost.

-Fixed bug where trying to damage an enemy behind a broken wall block would make the client freeze.

-Fixed visual bug where using teleports would "reset" MP and HP bars.

-Fixed bug where sometimes a player would be desynchronized to other people.

-Fixed small typo in visual interface for the server script.

-Fixed issues with downloading custom maps.

-Fixed issue where you would drop the chest if pressed the drop key while chat is open.

-Fixed server allowing a player to be teleport to a NaN position, which would result in a blackscreen

-Fixed issues with sending gold to the player that got a kill in certain occasions

-Fixed issues related to players not showing up, or names randomly showing up even without a player being there. Hopefully a definitive fix for this issue.

-Fixed issue where sometimes the player would be teleport back to previous position and then once more to the actual expected position.

-Fixed custom maps overriding the original animations

-Fixed bug that would cause erased events to continue updating their sound emittance, causing frame drops

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New update is out! And with it, a new name and Offline option, for playing custom community maps offline!

Changes:
-Screen now flashes red when the player takes damage.
-New Offline option.
-New Tower deffense map(for offline).
-New Twitch Map(for Offline).
-New Custom Offline Map load option added under the "Offline" menu.
-New Musics and sound effects added
-New CRT Mode option added to the settings.
-New Server List Menu.
-Graphics updated.
-NW.js updated.

Optimizations:
-Multiple Microoptimizations to core scripts on the client and HUD.
-Microoptimizations on the server script.

Fixes:
-Fixed audio issue that would occur when too many footsteps were playing at once(now limited to 50/s).
-Fixed a memory leak, caused by event spawned not having its sprites properly removed from memory.
-Fixed gold being visually set to 0 upon transfer.
-Fixed issue where certain menu options weren't being saved properly.

PixelatedBree

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey peq42! Hope you're having a great day! I played RPGmod this weekend and put together some notes/feedback for you:

Title Menu:
I loved it!! I like the CRT screen effects going on, the weather, and the warm lighting. The song is also great--the whole vibe on startup is very, very cozy, and I actually just stayed on the menu for a while to listen to the music and watch the rain. In my opinion, you achieved an awesome title menu here because it made me feel ready to play the game. I also like that you included mouse controls over on the bottom right and made them big enough to read/see.

Controls:
Having the mouse to control your aiming is a great idea! I don't know if the keyboard/gamepad controls pop up once an online game is started, but if not, I think it would help because while I knew what I was doing with the mouse, I couldn't figure out at first that I would be moving with the WASD keys. :dizzy: I also had a hard time figuring out that the E key was the confirm/interact button. I would recommend controls pop up at the beginning of the round or shown in your title menu (I just saw on your devlog that you'll be adding this in the upcoming update, perfect!!)

Zombie:
I like the map design, dark and scary with enough lights that you're not wandering blindly but dark enough to set the atmosphere and make it perfectly scary. I could see this being SOO much fun with a bunch of people trying to survive together. I hope more people will download and play so I can really try this one out. On a side note, I noticed that you can't walk and aim your cursor at the same time. I don't know how difficult it would be to change that or if it would make a big impact on the gameplay just yet, but I think it would be more player-friendly if it is possible to do!

Battle Royal:
I like how bright this one was and the randomized placement when the game starts. Sad I couldn't play it yet!!

Vs Twitch:
Cool, it remembered my name when I rejoined! :LZSjoy::LZSjoy: The idea of having your chat control the random events I thought was unique and would be fun for streamers to play with their viewers. I am a sucker for food/thirst systems, so seeing this implemented as a means to survival was right up my alley.

Tower Defense:
Fuuuudge, those slimes were fast! :kaoback:

Connection lost:
Does that happen when you stay in a server for too long without any other players connecting? That's a cool way to get back to the menu and try again or check to see if other players have joined different servers. I also thought it was player-friendly for you to have a way to exit back to the main menu at any time using the Esc key.

I can tell you put a lot of work into this! Even if I couldn't play all of the modes fully yet, I can still see that this is coming along very nicely. Keep up the hard work! Are you planning to release this on Android/Apple? I have a feeling this would be a hit on mobile, too!

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey peq42! Hope you're having a great day! I played RPGmod this weekend and put together some notes/feedback for you:

Title Menu:
I loved it!! I like the CRT screen effects going on, the weather, and the warm lighting. The song is also great--the whole vibe on startup is very, very cozy, and I actually just stayed on the menu for a while to listen to the music and watch the rain. In my opinion, you achieved an awesome title menu here because it made me feel ready to play the game. I also like that you included mouse controls over on the bottom right and made them big enough to read/see.

Controls:
Having the mouse to control your aiming is a great idea! I don't know if the keyboard/gamepad controls pop up once an online game is started, but if not, I think it would help because while I knew what I was doing with the mouse, I couldn't figure out at first that I would be moving with the WASD keys. :dizzy: I also had a hard time figuring out that the E key was the confirm/interact button. I would recommend controls pop up at the beginning of the round or shown in your title menu (I just saw on your devlog that you'll be adding this in the upcoming update, perfect!!)

Zombie:
I like the map design, dark and scary with enough lights that you're not wandering blindly but dark enough to set the atmosphere and make it perfectly scary. I could see this being SOO much fun with a bunch of people trying to survive together. I hope more people will download and play so I can really try this one out. On a side note, I noticed that you can't walk and aim your cursor at the same time. I don't know how difficult it would be to change that or if it would make a big impact on the gameplay just yet, but I think it would be more player-friendly if it is possible to do!

Battle Royal:
I like how bright this one was and the randomized placement when the game starts. Sad I couldn't play it yet!!

Vs Twitch:
Cool, it remembered my name when I rejoined! :LZSjoy::LZSjoy: The idea of having your chat control the random events I thought was unique and would be fun for streamers to play with their viewers. I am a sucker for food/thirst systems, so seeing this implemented as a means to survival was right up my alley.

Tower Defense:
Fuuuudge, those slimes were fast! :kaoback:

Connection lost:
Does that happen when you stay in a server for too long without any other players connecting? That's a cool way to get back to the menu and try again or check to see if other players have joined different servers. I also thought it was player-friendly for you to have a way to exit back to the main menu at any time using the Esc key.

I can tell you put a lot of work into this! Even if I couldn't play all of the modes fully yet, I can still see that this is coming along very nicely. Keep up the hard work! Are you planning to release this on Android/Apple? I have a feeling this would be a hit on mobile, too!
Thank you a lot for the feedback!

I'm not entirely sure why you couldn't move and aim within the zombies mode, but I'ma double check stuff there to try and figure that out. As for the connection lost: its a custom thing. You can set(for now only within the server script files) a limit of how long a player can spend without moving/aiming before they get kicked out for being afk.

About a mobile port: I DEFINITELY wish to. I'm trying to figure out a way to port it, but so far the only solution I know would be re-writting a lot of complex code to be browser compatible, and then port to android(I.. don't have an iphone nor macbook, so I'd need help to port for iOS). And if thats the only option, mobile support will take some time to come out.

But I'm really glad that you like what you've seen so far! I'm expecting to release a new update within this week(which means it should come out while the game is still free), I hope the changes look interesting for everyone who gets a copy :)

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes you didn't read wrong, update 1.2.0 got renamed to 1.1.1, but worry not! Despite sounding less important, this update brings the things promised for 1.2.0, I just thought of naming it as a very minor update would make more sense since there's little new things(its most about working on this people gave feedback on, and some minor bug fixes)

Changes:

Client:

-New $gameMap.eventServerId(id) function that returns an event with a given server ID(Tutorial on it will be done soon TM)

-New Tutorials for Tower Defense and VS Twitch Maps

-CRT Mode changed from being default ON to default OFF(can be turned on/off in options)

-Enemies in tower defense now can walk through one another

-New Tower Defense 2 Map(with different layout and song playing)

Tower Defense:

-Sentry now does 50*sentrylevel damage(increased from 34*sentrylevel)

-New buildings: Explosive and Balloon

-Certain explosion sounds now have positioning(you won't hear them from far away)

-The explosion animation is now cached, which should help with FPS when there's lots going on the screen

-Player no longer changes to a random character once pressing the lever on Tower Defense

Server:

-New moveObject(id,x,y) and getObjectInfo(id) functions(Tutorial on it will be done soon TM)

Fixes:

-Fixed red dot on the top right showing on twitch and tower defenses

-Fixed bank(in tower defense) not having an animation

TheFlerffyBurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes you didn't read wrong, update 1.2.0 got renamed to 1.1.1, but worry not! Despite sounding less important, this update brings the things promised for 1.2.0, I just thought of naming it as a very minor update would make more sense since there's little new things(its most about working on this people gave feedback on, and some minor bug fixes)

Changes:

Client:

-New $gameMap.eventServerId(id) function that returns an event with a given server ID(Tutorial on it will be done soon TM)

-New Tutorials for Tower Defense and VS Twitch Maps

-CRT Mode changed from being default ON to default OFF(can be turned on/off in options)

-Enemies in tower defense now can walk through one another

-New Tower Defense 2 Map(with different layout and song playing)

Tower Defense:

-Sentry now does 50*sentrylevel damage(increased from 34*sentrylevel)

-New buildings: Explosive and Balloon

-Certain explosion sounds now have positioning(you won't hear them from far away)

-The explosion animation is now cached, which should help with FPS when there's lots going on the screen

-Player no longer changes to a random character once pressing the lever on Tower Defense

Server:

-New moveObject(id,x,y) and getObjectInfo(id) functions(Tutorial on it will be done soon TM)

Fixes:

-Fixed red dot on the top right showing on twitch and tower defenses

-Fixed bank(in tower defense) not having an animation
Cool Beans! I'd still call this a 1.2 update personally!

My version system is

X Major releases that are borderline sequels
X Content updates
X Bug fixes, Reworks, and Patches

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png
All this anger everywhere,Who's happy but me?
Seems to be all the people that don't follow Jesus wholeheartedly. My smile might burn you ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Zoom in for cut-scenes and the like? Yay or Nay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dthwithdoom