Only have .exe file, no Game.rvproj file. Can I edit my game still?

Retro Sunday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello all,

I used to use RPGMaker 2003 and VX Ace a lot but I'm so far out of the loop lately with everything. I need to know if it's even possible to open and edit my original RPGMaker VX Ace project when I only have access to the .exe file and a few others? I made a playable demo years ago and put everything into a .exe file but I no longer have my original USB with my project files on it. Any way I can access my original game files and edit them on RPGMaker VX Ace or should I just start from scratch? Thanks in advance for any response!

Here's a link to my GameJolt page, not sure if that will help at all...

Attachments

Last edited:

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
These files are encrypted. I suspect that if you send a request to a moderator they can unencrypt them for you.

Retro Sunday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These files are encrypted. I suspect that if you send a request to a moderator they can unencrypt them for you.
Thanks you for quick reply, any suggestions on a moderator to approach for this?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only Archeia can do this. Moderators can't.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also it is rarely done as you have to prove it is your game too. I'd recommend just starting it over honestly.

Retro Sunday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Only Archeia can do this. Moderators can't.
Thanks to everyone for quick reply's. I can prove anything Archeia may need me to when it come's to me producing it. Hope to talk to someone soon, thanks again!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That "someone" still has to be Archeia. You won't know what you need to provide until you ask her.

However, she's incredibly busy with the MZ release right now and probably being subjected to an emotional rollercoaster ride with everything going on in the MZ preview thread. So if you know you won't be able to prove any kind of authorship, or if it's not a really big game, it might be good to just remake it.

Retro Sunday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That "someone" still has to be Archeia. You won't know what you need to provide until you ask her.

However, she's incredibly busy with the MZ release right now and probably being subjected to an emotional rollercoaster ride with everything going on in the MZ preview thread. So if you know you won't be able to prove any kind of authorship, or if it's not a really big game, it might be good to just remake it.
Thanks again for reply, I got a dead link from Archeia early this morning and was super busy today so just replied now hoping to see what we can do. I can assure you I can prove anything needed as I spent way too many drunken nights working on runescape-like progression mechanics lol :D

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry - I misread. Thought you said you'd have trouble proving it. Should be good then :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YourBaka