jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sooo I have more than 8 actors in my game, and in battle, you can see battle huds with their current HP/SP for each of them... (MOG Battle Hud plugin)

However, I would like these battle huds only to show up for the first 8 actors.... Actor #10 should not have a battle hud...

How could I achieve this?

This is the part which creates the battle hud:

Code:
//==============================
// ** create Battle Hud
//==============================
Spriteset_Base.prototype.createBattleHud = function() {
    if (!this._hudField) {this.createHudField()};
    if (String(Moghunter.bhud_screen_layout) === "true") {this.createBattleHudScreenLayout();};
    $gameTemp.refresh_Bhud = false;
    $gameTemp._battleEnd = false;
    this._com_mode = Number($gameSystem._bhud_pos_mode)
    this._battle_hud = [];
    for (var i = 0; i < $gameParty.maxBattleMembers(); i++) {
        this._battle_hud[i] = new Battle_Hud(i);
        if (this._chronoField) {
           this._chronoField.addChild(this._battle_hud[i])
        } else {
           this._hudField.addChild(this._battle_hud[i]);
        };
    };   
};

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i < $gameParty.maxBattleMembers();

How about replacing $gameParty.... with 9? Uh.. just a hunch though. I can't code. :)

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i < $gameParty.maxBattleMembers();

How about replacing $gameParty.... with 9? Uh.. just a hunch though. I can't code. :)

unfortunately, it seems that i only applies for the 4 battle actors currently in battle, not their actual actor Ids...

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
call in variable with an ID, which is max 8 so it would overwrite the 4 or change the battle members in the core files
directly and change 4 to 8 :)

its probably need a tiny modified if you dont want it in 1 row though, but I though there was a plugin to call
for the amount of battle members on the field.

Idk if it was SRD or one of HIME's plugin.

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll just mention before I start that I haven't used MOG's battle hud, or any of his plugins.

The function you're looking at appears to just be setting up the battle huds, it's not necessarily saying which actor's information to be displayed.
I would presume it's just reading them based on their order in the party, this is the behaviour that will need to be changed in some way or another.

It might be useful to know a little bit more about the conditions we're working with to arrive at a solution.

Do you want all 8 HUD-displaying actors HUDs to be visible all the time?
If not, presumably you'll want them to only be displayed while they are active battle members, so:
Is the player able to switch actors during battle?
If so - what do you want to happen to the HUDs when a non-HUD-displaying actor swaps with a HUD-displaying actor, and vice versa?

EDIT: It might also help if you can provide a link to the plugin so we can look at the whole code.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VuThanhLong