Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
I know that MV will use Javascript instead of ruby and because of that i've been looking up on how to convert Ruby to Javascript just in case some of the plugins won't cover for some of the scripts i'm using already in Ace. I found out about Opal, a Ruby to JS converter which could be used to do that but would it be possible to convert part of the Ace Scripts to Javascript using Opal (and changing the terminology to work properly, like battlers -> enemies) or is there more to the new architecture?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might convert the scripts for you, but they will not work without a large amount of effort on your part to "fix" them afterwards.

It will not change terminology for you.

MV's classes are not the same as VX/Ace's classes. You would have to go through and rename them all.

That is the bare minimum you would need to do. It's possible you'd need to do more fixes just to make it work.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You will need to make sure you validate that the javascript actually works .... 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, after thinking about it, this is just not a good idea at all.

The Ace scripts that you have added to your game are customized for the Ace default scripts, the Ace database, the Ace graphics and rendering - Ace's way of doing things.

The MV default scripts are all different - and that's not just because of the language. The classes are done differently, they have different names, the database is different, the graphics/rendering are all done differently. The contents of the methods are different - Ace did things one way, MV does them a different way altogether. A script that works perfectly in Ace, run through that converter, even if all the code is changed to eliminate syntax & reference errors (and that's a big job in itself), is not necessarily going to work, because it has been based on the way Ace does things.

And you will still have to go through all your damage formulae, all your events looking for script calls, and convert them.

You don't even know if you will NEED the scripts to be converted. MV might already do those things. There might be plugins either now or in the near future that will do them.

Any kind of conversion is just not a good idea. They need to be completely rewritten, as MV plugins, and carefully designed to work with MV's own scripts.

If a conversion tool was even an option, Yami and Yanfly wouldn't have rewritten all of their huge, complex scripts from the ground up.

It's like being used to getting around with a horse and buggy, then someone invents the automobile, and you are looking for ways to merge them together because you somehow think it'll be easier/faster.

Just let the old one go.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
let it go.....let it go.......let it go (replaced snow with go)

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
So i guess the short answer is, its not possible even if all the classes and syntax were converted

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Welp, then just gotta wait t'ill tomorrow to see the rest of the plugins. Just hope the servers don't get overloaded. I'm pretty excited.

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
I can download it now?!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you preordered from this site and you have the download link, go for it!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!
Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.
how it looks from the top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FSTR