LightAme

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I read the rules and I am sorry if I've missed any of these rules.

May I know how do I open a new topic in Classified - Offer? I wanted to post about my commission info to offer other my commission service.

Could it be that because I'm new to this forum I was unable to post in classified offer? Without posting enough posts?

Here's my art info:

http://freezingfeathers.deviantart.com/

I'm a 6 year deviantart member but I'm new to this forum. I decided to start a commission on a game platform, starting with RPG Makers.

Thanks!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't since you haven't getting "active" of this community yet 

for being able to make a commission thread you must show you are not just here for drop your shop and not bother to come back

and you intend to be a active member who will participate to the forum life

LightAme

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
10 posts, I see. Got it, thanks!

Around 5 posts to go! I will see what I can do to be involved in the community.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As others said, you'll need ten posts for this, and not random posts done to increase your post count but posts that show you participate in the community.

This rule was added last year after we had about a dozen people who came here, made a single post in classified offers linking to their page and never returned, not even to answer questions for them posted on their own topic.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please note the quote above, from the rules, and Andar's explanation, indicates you need 10 meaningful posts.  This means, even though you might get the 10 posts, if I don't consider them to be meaningful in the context of the forum and community, your thread will not be approved.

We do not want people dropping in, making 10 random posts in generic threads just to hit the magic number, and then posting their ad.  

When you have participated more meaningfully in the forum, please submit your post again.  And when you do, please give pricing details - your ad lists things that will affect the price, but nowhere did you provide any info about what the starting price will be.  I also suggest that you do not ask for full payment up-front, especially as you have not established yourself as a known member of the community.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also suggest that you do not ask for full payment up-front, especially as you have not established yourself as a known member of the community.

500% agree on this part here. Commissions are about trust and that works both ways. Showing your willingness to accept half and half later is giving the commissioner a security blanket. When you're new, they are going to feel far safer in contracting you if they know the risk is lower like that.

For myself, more expensive commissions are always 1/2 up front, 1/2 after the sketch has been finalized. Not only does this allow for a sense of security, it also ensures the commissioner that they will be seeing sketches before the finished product and have a chance to request changes.

Things should always be fair for the customer. (and remember it's not a matter of saying you're untrustworthy, it's a matter of safety and security. Which is an important thing to offer when taking someone's money :) )

LightAme

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I see I see. I'll try to join more then. Tho I may be awkward and quiet at times. Not sure what to say  ;_;

I didn't post my prices in DA as too many people underpriced themselves, making me looked like I'm "overpriced". When I observe the prices here, I don't mind working for less than the pro's cuz I am satisfied with that price of mine. A new shop should always charge lower right?  :D

I saw some reference posting base prices, guess I'll go with that. 

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good suggestions to do that will help in the long run both getting your name out and preparing you for the sorts of things people ask for:

Play some games, whether or finished. Leave feedback. You're an artist, so maybe leave feedback about the overall look of the game. By doing this you'll see what sorts of resources go into a game, and leaving comments on people's games makes you stand out more.

Look through the classified requests - maybe there's something there you can do and offer your services for.

Look through the resource requests, sometimes doing small tasks for people is a good way to show your skills and again - both of these are going to give you a taste of what people ask for. (I mean, maybe you already know; I'm not sure your game dev history)

These are strong ways to becoming a part of the community. Sure, they take some time out of your day - but in the long run, it'll help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People laughed at me when I said that Activision Blizzard would get bought up by another company if they didn't fire their execs. Now their value has dipped so much Microsoft is willing to buy the company, likely followed by some heavy terminations if they want to purify the current toxic image of Activision Blizzard.
Pro tip: don't be this person.1642536788532.png
ok hear me out here: if the only way my brain can describe things is like with colors is this normal? Like I've described a smell as "dark green and fuzzy" and a taste as "dark blue" like is this a normal thing that happens to people or am I just going insane?? o.0
I'm sitting here, programming, when suddenly, in the distance, I hear a deep booming shout, "Dovahkiin". In an instant, my mind and body is pulling me away, my fingers twitch and notepad++, almost by itself, turns off. The Steam starts to rise and a big green play button appers and I am teleported to Skyrim, because, I am, the Dragonborn! 200 hours played last three weeks, omg o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikethebravesfan