The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Welcome to Black Coffee Music Workshop!

We've got a new addition to our team, an awesome musician, composer and arranger called Jesús Ximenez. He plays mainly violin and mandolin, but he has a wide knowledge and experience on music, as he's graduated from the conservatory (12+ years).

He has just begun to enter the world of RPGs and he's willing to get a lot more experience from it. That's why we're opening this workshop, besides helping people to get original music for their games, he (Jesús), will get a wider experience on RPG music.

Here's just a little show on what he has made recently.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is how we'll work:

If you want a theme for your game, you'll have to follow these guidelines first:​

• Genre: (pretty obvious)
  • Style: (tense, dark, moody, happy, etc.)
  • Description: (a detailed description on how you want your theme to be. Any instruments in specific? Something you want to have it?)
Something worth mentioning is that he won't work with rock genre and electro genres (soon™), mainly because of lack of good VSTs and some other issues beyond his reach.

Also as a sidenote, ambiental and classical genres are always preferred.

If you can include something worth of inspiration, please do! It can be anything: a picture that resembles the feeling of the scene you want the piece to transmit, a screenshot of your game where the music will be played on, or even a music from another game/movie/whatever that you want it to sound like.

After you've made your request, you'll be put on the list. A piece to be ready could take up to a week, so please be patient :ehappy:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
THE LIST:kaoback:
:kaoswt:--Prodigy 1216 --Pending
:kaoswt:--Orb --Pending
:kaoswt2:-*Empty
:kaoswt2:-*Empty

*Note: the first two positions will be the two pieces he'll be working on, the other two positions are the "on hold"

Terms of Service:
Free for non-commercial games. For commercial games, you can contact us through PM.
You can edit the track at your will. Can re-publish the track if you give proper credits to the original author (Jesús Ximenez and/or Black Coffee Prod.)
Credit Jesús Ximenez and/or Black Coffee Prod.

Oh, did I mention it's his first time posting his stuff on the webs? He's looking for a lot of feedback on his compositions so please leave your opinions!

Attention:
For partitures and MIDIs, please contact us via PM!

Last edited:

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there! This is pretty good. I like that he excels in violin cause that's my personal favorite musical instrument. Maybe I should take up the offer mate.

Genre: Dark Fantasy
Style: Classical/Emotional
Description: I would like the Main Theme for my game to have a ummmmm..... sad vibes. Violin are pretty much preferred. This music will be used on emotional cutscene. I am really clueless what to explain. So, here's is the most easy way to explain it

Orb

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
It's so nice to see fellow Venezuelans in the forum :kaohi:. And you come just in the right time, as I need something for my game :D

• Genre: Fantasy/Medieval
  • Style: ambiental/inspiring (?)
  • Description: So the track I need is for a very specific scene: The main character is writing a letter to his friend and mentor, explaining how the situation throughout the kingdom has worsen. It is an important scene because the letter itself explains the synopsis of the game. The first lines of the letter are a bit vague but, as it goes, more relevant information is revealed (so, I'd like the track to show this transition: something calm that goes a bit epic at the end). The length and style don't matter to me, it's up to you

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It would be helpful if your opening post included the information about Terms of Service. In particular:
Are these available for commercial games or only for free ones?
Is editing (except adjusting e.g. the volume) allowed?
How is he to be credited?

Faye Valentine

The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Prodigy 1216 @Orb Really sorry for the delay! Internet has been really crappy these last days, besides I've had (unfortunately) quite little time to work on the compositions (both of you). I'll be able to start working on your requests next week, really sorry again!

I've also edited the main post to adjust the Terms of Service as @Kes said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emodrilleur