futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! Welcome to my music laboratory.

I'm looking for opportunity to write for other people's projects and build up my portfolio.

My samples include many genres/styles of music, and anything you request is fair game as far as I'm concerned.
Here are some examples of my tracks:

"Silent Juggernaut": Hard hitting, intense orchestral/metal boss battle:
"Lullaby of a Killer": Ambient, electronic based character theme:

"Death's Ambassador": Orchestral Title Theme

Chamber Music-esque: Piano and Trumpet:
"Trouble": Marimba, bass guitar, and drumkit:
If you're interested in letting me compose for your project, this is what I need to know:

Occasion - What's the context of the track? Is it game over music, field music, etc.
Style - How do you want it to sound? Are there any particular instruments or emotions that you want featured?
Filetype - I can export to any audio format you desire, and if you ask in the initial request I can provide full sheet music.

Once you fill out that request form and post it in the thread, I'll start on your track as soon as possible. I'm starting with a maximum backlog of 5 tracks (4/5 slots open currently), which I may adjust depending on personal situations and time commitments. Under normal circumstances, I will complete all requests with a valid request form, and if a slot is open, you can expect your music to be ready in a few days to a week, depending on the complexity of the track.

Terms
You may use tracks I write for you in as many non-commercial projects as you like. If you want to go commercial, please PM me first so we can discuss the usage of my compositions (and a free copy would be welcome :wink:). Credit Ryan Fogleman in your game's credits.

Thank you for visiting!

Last edited:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The only track that's letting me play is the Somber piano/trumpet. Sounds really nice, later down the track I could make a few requests- that being said my project is intended to go commercial, but like you said PMs and further discussion would be required which is fine with me :)

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, the tracks seem to play fine on my end, but it could just be a forum/soundcloud glitch.

Looking at your thread regarding your project - I like the concept very much and would love to speak with you about writing a bit of music for it. PM me and we can talk a bit more if you're going commercial :smile:

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added another track sample (solo piano for a cutscene that wasn't used) ^^

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated terms, open slots, and portfolio.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I like the examples you gave, hence, I would like to request a final boss battle theme. While I used many of the available RPG Maker tracks during the whole game, I wanted the final boss battle to be a bit more personal. I know what I want, but unfortunately I don't have yet the ability and/or the software for doing it by myself.

Occasion - Final boss battle music. The opponent is a being who can in a single attack destroy a whole planet, the fight is critical.
Style - The final boss is dangerous, the battle is intense, but require a deep focus. I'd see it starting with choirs, with a slow bass line and a rise in intensity towards church organs, intertwined with strong basses and repeats of choirs all along the track. The intensity could drop at some point, resuming to a low choir, starting over with sudden rise in organs and basses. Strings could be used, or piano, or any other instrument, but I'd leave this to you, to not ask for a strict piece, but also let you express yourself as you want.
Filetype - Looping ogg. And I would also be interested in the sheet music if you can provide it of course :)

I hope you can do this, and thanks in advance :)

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I like the examples you gave, hence, I would like to request a final boss battle theme. While I used many of the available RPG Maker tracks during the whole game, I wanted the final boss battle to be a bit more personal. I know what I want, but unfortunately I don't have yet the ability and/or the software for doing it by myself.

Occasion - Final boss battle music. The opponent is a being who can in a single attack destroy a whole planet, the fight is critical.
Style - The final boss is dangerous, the battle is intense, but require a deep focus. I'd see it starting with choirs, with a slow bass line and a rise in intensity towards church organs, intertwined with strong basses and repeats of choirs all along the track. The intensity could drop at some point, resuming to a low choir, starting over with sudden rise in organs and basses. Strings could be used, or piano, or any other instrument, but I'd leave this to you, to not ask for a strict piece, but also let you express yourself as you want.
Filetype - Looping ogg. And I would also be interested in the sheet music if you can provide it of course :)

Hi Schlangan! Thanks for the request, I'll start on your track soon and get back to you in a few days :)

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Thanks for your request, I've completed the track :)

Sheet Music: https://mega.nz/#!iodQnbjI!jOAizbW5nVGpsLC_UN7HIEx_ZMakEIODfUprrtNY_UA
Looping .ogg: https://mega.nz/#!Th9hTbqJ!qPzwaYdUPuEd9wFhOjLqRie3VBOQK10GlY7didCCzCU

Last edited:

I_Has_Popcorn

Kathendal Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because I feel like it, take this request!
Occasion - This is a characters theme, Kyth, as his name is. Quite a dark fellow I'd say. Unexpected foe. (Not a battle theme, just character theme.)
Style - Kyth is a dark artist (as in magic) he plans to become an ultimate being, but has been stopped many times in the process. He has become aggravated because of this, nobody will stand in his way. Suspiciously spying on the player for an unknown reason, he seems to want something from them... Occasionally disrupts the player for a battle, to hone skills against them, annoying at most.
Specific instruments? Piano, violin, anything else that'd go well...
Also, please make it about 1 minuet long, or longer. Since the original theme is too short.
Filetype - Any file? Looping .ogg would be great. Sheet music isn't needed, just to make it easier.
If any other details are needed, just ask me.

Last edited:

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because I feel like it, take this request!
Occasion - This is a characters theme, Kyth, as his name is. Quite a dark fellow I'd say. Unexpected foe. (Not a battle theme, just character theme.)
Style - Kyth is a dark artist (as in magic) he plans to become an ultimate being, but has been stopped many times in the process. He has become aggravated because of this, nobody will stand in his way. Suspiciously spying on the player for an unknown reason, he seems to want something from them... Occasionally disrupts the player for a battle, to hone skills against them, annoying at most.
Specific instruments? Piano, violin, anything else that'd go well...
Also, please make it about 1 minuet long, or longer. Since the original theme is too short.
Filetype - Any file? Looping .ogg would be great. Sheet music isn't needed, just to make it easier.
If any other details are needed, just ask me.

Here's a little something :)

Looping .ogg: https://mega.nz/#!Pg8WRKID!gvi1N9GAqhBn7y2eG5gQudBgarKmuAdIahoKaxnNxt8

Last edited:

Teal Dragona

Greenhorn/Gym Leader Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heard about your skills, and was hoping to request something.
Occasion - Trouble theme, somethings happened! Like someone's causing conflict.
Style -
Someone's causing trouble/conflict. Particular instruments: Piano, guitar, bass (probably)

Filetype - I need it in .ogg, and if you could, sheet music would be nice.
Must be at least 2 minutes for that .ogg

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Style -
Someone's causing trouble/conflict. Particular instruments: Piano, guitar, bass (probably)

Thanks for the request, I'm looking forward to it! :) I'll get back to you in a day or two.

PaperClipedChicken

Alive, and ready!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd like to request something, but I don't wanna swamp you with requests...
So I'm not sure... :kaosigh:

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Style -

Alright, here's the finished track :)

Looping .ogg: https://mega.nz/#!a1tQiLaI!r7V-E-QsrFcohIbW_UcrIMJpd0jdi0yrh37ML_caENI

Sheet music: https://mega.nz/#!Pl10yCbK!m92CO01nUWV7LSmUrYNdo7n4KPOvauc_N4EOJHm_ECk

@PaperClipedChicken You happened to post just as I finished the last poster's request, I definitely wouldn't mind writing for you. What are you looking for?

Last edited:

PaperClipedChicken

Alive, and ready!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@futrchamp Well... A secret final boss battle theme. You fight the spirit of horror, he threatens to create his own world, changing ours..
I'll just use your form...
Occasion - As I've said.. He doesn't intend to stop, so you'll have to stop him yourselves..
Style - Different tones of pianos.
Filetype - My game uses .ogg, an I'd like sheet music if you don't mind...

futrchamp

Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@futrchamp Well... A secret final boss battle theme. You fight the spirit of horror, he threatens to create his own world, changing ours..
I'll just use your form...
Occasion - As I've said.. He doesn't intend to stop, so you'll have to stop him yourselves..
Style - Different tones of pianos.
Filetype - My game uses .ogg, an I'd like sheet music if you don't mind...
Sounds cool, I'll get started on it :) That said, are there any reference tracks (boss themes you really like or something) for the style?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phihhim