[Open game] Light Elf

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by jvcscasio, Dec 31, 2015.

1. jvcscasio

jvcscasio Writer Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    [​IMG]

Hello, this is an open game. It means that it's an open source game and can be modified and shared by anyone AS LONG AS the person leaves credit to me and all credits alredy inside the game (plugin creators, enterbrain etc). The characters can be re-utilized as well, again, with proper credit.

YOU MUST HAVE a legal copy of RPG Maker MV to use these resources.

Game download [save event locations' bug corrected]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8QB1JBvV1ihZFBPS2N2WjVwdmM/view?usp=sharing

[​IMG]

Alexis is one of a kind, an Elf in a world of mages and vampires. While they live in peace, mages always wanted the magic from humans, likewise mages wanted vampires longevity. For almost 10.000 years peace has been secures by the all powerful king, decedent of the heroes of the past. But war started moving again, Alexis tribe, found hiding in the woods for god knows how long, was killed by a mysterious power, held by the mage Morganstein, and as a trial is held against him, the last survivor of the elvish clan is close to get his revenge against he who murdered his race. The engines of the world start to turn again, a girl of red hair, an elf, the cities in the sky and a mysterious fairy are bound to uncover the truth behind a concave empty world, a world with no stars and no sun.

[​IMG]

Reveal hidden contents
    [​IMG]  Alexis:Smart, strong as a vampire and powerful as a mage, his entire tribe was murdered in the name of science. Mad scientists trying to recreate his powers, trying to fuse mages and vampires into one race. Now Alexis is coming for revenge, on them, and the rest of the world for letting that happen.[​IMG]Katherine:Stubbornness is the virtue of heroes, and she takes that to the heart. Brave and beautiful, her life was peaceful until the day her own father took her brother to his lab, to test on him. She will always help those in need without a second thought. Traveling through the world, she will fight the impossible to save the ones she love.[​IMG]Syf:When Alexis was little and all his family had died, Syf's family took him in. Having the most contact with him, she grew used to his powers, to the point of blind admiration. She is devoted, strong, willing and obedient, everything Alexis needs for his quest.[​IMG]Kith:A fairy in a world where fairies don't exist. She is thirteen billion years old and sarcastic... isn't thirteen billion the age of the universe?[​IMG]Hazzel:Katherine's brother, he feels guilty for letting her fall in the hands of those who torture and experimented on him. He is not the same man he was before, specially thanks to Alexis. Hope you find him and add him to your party, as he is hidden.[​IMG]Boss:Alexis boss is a dwarf and very good at creating swords and equipment. Sadly he has to run away after stealing a powerful magic item from Morganstein.[​IMG]Morganstein:Mad scientist, he wanted to fuse mages and vampires into one race, by experimenting on an entire tribe of elves, killing all but one of them. He used a mysterious power to achieve that, a power that disappeared.[​IMG]Wocien:A very rich vampire who hires Alexis to fix his door. Has a dark past too.[​IMG]Alsiel:The head of Syf's family, one of the oldest vampires living nowadays, he was alive when Lucius, the great hero, was still living and fighting. 

[​IMG]

Reveal hidden contents
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a windowskin I made for the game, you are all free to use.

[​IMG]

This game is more story focused, and since it's set in a world of 10.000 years of peace, it didn't make sense to make many weapons' stores and the likes.

However there are 4 different endings, one which is the true ending that gives a code to unlock the After Story.

A game made for fun and I hope everyone enjoys it.

EDIT: Corrected a problem with Yanfly's "save event region" plugin. If you downloaded the old version, you can download the new one and just paste your save folder on the light elf "www" folder.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  2. jvcscasio

jvcscasio Writer Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Updated the game to correct some bugs related to the plugin "Save Event Location" which wasn't updated to the newest version, thus causing some bugs.

3. Rose Guardian

Rose Guardian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't mean to be a bother, and the game looks nice, but the download is way too big. You should remove everything you're not using, or is not for use. There is a program for RPG Maker MV that will remove everything you're not using.

4. jvcscasio

jvcscasio Writer Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I understand, Rose, but when creating this game I used almost all resources, even the music.

Do you have the name of the program?

5. Rose Guardian

First Language:
    English
  6. jvcscasio

jvcscasio Writer Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
  7. Rose Guardian

First Language:
    English
    You're welcome glad it worked. :)

8. Skotty TV

Skotty TV Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    You should test your game first before calling them "complete"....

I wanted to make a lets play of your game but i quit after just a few minutes.

I found almost 4 bugs just in the first 2 minutes.

- no title screen no intro?

- i walk pretty fast (with mouse even faster)? (you should check: fluid time step)

- when i go out of the first building the machinegun-sound is killing my ears like "ratatatatatat" (from the door)

- the things people say is totally random and leads to nothing. What is the story?

- faces are missing in some texts, sometimes there are names, sometimes not ?

- it is not clear what to do.

When you get rid of these bugs and actually "finished" your game,

i will give it a second try for a lets play.

Hope you can use this.

9. jvcscasio

jvcscasio Writer Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Skotty What version did you download?

This game has been on Early development thread and Project development thread (http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/50042-light-elf/) and has been reviewed and played by quite a number of people already, but you are the only one with this issue, can I have a print screen of the problems?

PS: The walking speed is the regular one from RPG Maker, check if you have the option "aways dash" off

10. StarWarrior00

StarWarrior00 ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I downloaded the game but I noticed it's deployed which makes it impossible to actually modify the game. There are a few things I would personally love to fix about it myself.

11. jvcscasio

jvcscasio Writer Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese