Open menu while message is on screen.

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Kemezryp, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Kemezryp

Kemezryp it's me Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Hello!
    I recently started making Visual Novel game in RMMV. I began with searching for plugins I would need for it, including YEP_KeyboardConfig and YEP_X_ExtMesPack1 (I do have Message Core). After configuring everything, I started looking for plugin that would allow me to open menu at any time and I found this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/request-open-menu-during-messages-plugin.56323/
    Well, it worked but only for a while. I managed to make it compatible with YEP_KeyboardConfig but It wasn't compatible with YEP_X_ExtMesPack1.

What's the problem then?
    Well, Choices are screwed up. It's difficult to describe. They are ok with one of those plugin, but together they make mess. In Event Editor I made "Show Choices" command with 6 options, so output should show only 6 of them.
    While scrolling down, it shows:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 - (repeat)
    While scrolling up, it shows:
    1 - 6 5 4 3 2 (repeat)
    (note: I used "-" symbol to show sittuation, where all the options disappear. (see attached file)
    Really weird...

I tried to remove lines of code that could make this problem. Everything was cool, until I closed menu with choices onscreen. There was an error: "can't read bitmap property".

That's why I'm here. I'd like to make a plugin suggestion.
    I need a plugin that will allow user to enter Menu while Message/Event is active AND will be compatible with Yanfly Extended Message Pack 1. It'd be cool, if user was able to configure input. (I use ('menu' || 'escape') by the way).

I feel like like I require too much... Well, I can't JavaScript so I hope someone will be able to make a plugin or fix...
    Anyway, if you are going to do something about this, I wish you good luck and thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Kemezryp

Kemezryp it's me Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    I fixed it by myself, I probably should have been report it to plugin creator instead of making a new thread lol.
    I explained my fix at the plugin page.