Open previous project on launch

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by ninja_tom, Nov 29, 2016.

1. ninja_tom

ninja_tom Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi,

When I start the program using the steam launcher it opens the previous project I was working on just fine. However if I start it from a shortcut it opens without a project open. Is there a command line argument I need to pass to open the IDE with the last project?

Thanks!

PS This is on Ubuntu via Playonlinux/wine so might be a quirk of that. I start it with /usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux --run "Steam" -applaunch 363890 -no-dwrite

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    try this

3. ninja_tom

ninja_tom Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant if I start the app via steam but using a shortcut to launch. I will try to replicate on Windows and report back. The link seemed to be trying to open RPGM from a .rpgproject file.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    those are some of the reasons why I said "try" - the description is for Ace, not for MV and I don't even know if it's handled the same way.

And you need to be more specifically what you want - if you want to make a shortcut to a specific game, just make a shortcut to that game's project file but use the linked method of adding the %1 to the arguments. If you want something else, a better description would help