Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi friends,

hope you are doing well so far.
I have a simple question. Can I open RPG Maker projects from another person? I mean for example someone release a game, not the project and i want open it.
Background:
I loved also in past with RM2k3 to open good projects to learn. I think it is not possible but maybe there is a trick?
Is really only to learn

Thanks a lot for help
Stay healthy and greetings
AL

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a way, but not recommend without permission, this have issues.
if the files are encrypted, you only see the events.

but I would ask for permission if they allow it or not or if you have seen some
events you want to know how it's done, ask him/her for safety :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically if the person published the project including the project file there is no problem with that.
some people do that exactly because they want others to learn from those projects.

however if the developer removed the project file then reading the files even without encryption is more problematic both technically and legally.

and if the project was encrypted (which is a requirement if you for example use shop resources) then it becomes illegal to even try to open the project.

alcaporzel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah ok, thanks a lot guys for explain. Of course i dont want it illegal. Then i have to try on my own more :) As i can see there is no project file. But i will ask him, maybe he offers that

Thanks a lot for the friendly answer

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alteria