RMMV Open-World RPG

Discussion in 'Game Ideas and Prototypes' started by Amy Pond, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Chillastrophic

Chillastrophic Music Addict Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is VERY interesting to say the least! I might not have any advice but good luck nonetheless!
    I agree with gstv87, though. The models kind of do make it look very strange.

P.S. if you ever need free music just hit me up and we can see if you like my stuff :)

2. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    By models do you mean the charactersets or the full busts? I don't think I'll be using the busts, I'm just using them to design the characters.

As for the MMO issue I think I'm finally leaning towards a normal game; I've shown it can be done but I need to actually get down to game making and MMO is a distraction.

Thanks for the offer of music; I haven't got that far yet and I think I'd like to commission a full soundtrack at some point depending on what my money is like in say six months' time, as my music needs are a bit heavy (I need battle music that is a more upbeat version of the map music and fades together well, that sort of thing). I'm no musician, so it's gonna need a lot of planning.

Edit: I'm going to have to break my super simple HUD to add status effects... I hope that doesn't clutter it too much but they're an important part of my planned battle system.

3. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I mean the busts.... those are the visible part, and the part most in contact with the player.
    the characters are usually small enough that nobody nitpicks about shadows or colors, as long as their overall shape is distinct.

4. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Ah, yeah. I won't actually be using them, they're just the quickest way I have to design the characters.