Opening a door with 3 switch

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Dwest, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Dwest

Dwest Warper

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey,

I'm trying to make a door that will open automaticly after we have activate 3 switchs. I'm able to make it work when I put the trigger on contact of the hero, but I want to make it automatic and this is what i'm not able to do.

Please Help !

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What do you mean, "when I put the trigger on contact of the hero"?

What else do the switches control? Increment a variable each time one of the switches is turned on. On your door event, have the closed door on the first page, with no conditions, and on the second page, have the open door, and the condition (on the left, above the event image) is the variable being equal to or greater than 3.

3. Dwest

Dwest Warper

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The switch just activate or desactivate a condition. I have 6 different switch and only 3 is good. I've tried what you suggested, but when I activate a switch it activate the 2 others at the same time and the door don't even open ^^'

4. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In my game, I did it similar to what Shaz said. I have Switches called Switch 1, Switch 2 etc. As the in-game levers and switches are flipped, I set one of these variables to On or Off.

Then I have a parallel process that checks once a second (60 frame wait at the end) to see if all 3,or in my case 4, switches are flipped. When that happens, I flip one extra switch that isn't tied to any of the in-game levers or switches.

The door is set up to be closed on tab 1 with no conditions that delivers a message that the door is locked when interacted with. Tab 2 is set to the switch that is only On when all of the other switches are flipped. I play a sound effect and change the door to jarred open. When you walk into this, it opens like any other door.

Because RPG Maker only allows for 2 switches in the editor as tabbed page conditions (unless Ace has more), I'm not sure of any other way to accomplish this without plug-ins that allow for more conditions.

5. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I feel like there may be some communication issues happening here. I think when Dwest is saying "switch" they are meaning events that are using switch graphics.

And every one else is talking about switches controlled within events.

I did this in MV (not realizing at the time you were using Ace), but it should be the same in Ace. Here is what you want for the switches that you want to activate the door:

switch1.png
    switch2.png

Here is what your door would look like:

switch3.png
    switch4.png

On the second page of the door, you can have the door image, if you want it simply to be unlocked, but not open, or put a transfer event or whatever you want to happen with the door.

6. Andar

Andar Global Moderators

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mlogan you forgot the "control self switch A=ON" in the first switch event page...

mlogan likes this.
  7. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oooh good catch Andar!

8. Dwest

Dwest Warper

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks mlogan you solve the half of my problems ^^ I think I will be goo for the next part. Now I need to be able to switch it back (because it's a puzzle with 6 switchs) and to say wich switch is good ^^ The only thing that i don't know is how to do the animation backward ^^'

Edit : I found how to do the animations backward, but it have an animation bug once a time...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Show us screenshots.

10. Dwest

Dwest Warper

First Language:
    French