Opening and closing submenu directly without player input

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get help with a little logistical problem pertaining to my desired "Item Dissemble" functionality.

I planned to use the YEP Item Disassemble plugin for this, but it doesn't quite cover my needs.

The Item Disassemble plugin is only available through the player status menu, whereas I wanted the player to interact with an NPC to trigger this window to appear directly from the Event page. This is so I can include Item Disassemble as a "service" rather than something the player can do themselves.

I tried to think of a few ways in which I could do this, and the closest thing I could come up with, would be to use a script.

There is another YEP plugin called "Script Call Plugin Commands", which enables the use of plugin commands in a script. With this, I could use the plugin command from the Item Disassemble plugin to turn ON the Item Disassemble menu (by default, it would be turned off) in a script - and then the idea would be to activate the Item Disassemble submenu from the status menu using the remainder of the script.

The only problem is, I don't know if this is actually possible - if a script can be used to activate a submenu (and close a submenu) directly. Even if this could be done, I'm not sure if there would be a way to force a script after the player had finished in the Item Disassemble menu to close it without going back to the normal status menu.

So, regardless if that method is possible or not, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to achieve the desired outcome here?

Thanks!

EDIT: I've done a bit more research, and calling the Item Disassemble menu isn't really going to be a thing, considering that it's just an extra option added into the Item menu and not a Scene itself. I could however, call the Item menu, which I've learned I can do using:

SceneManager.push(Scene_Item)

However this is not optimal, given that:

a) It looks widely different from other Shop Menus, and Synthesis Menu
b) It allows players to use items on actors, equip, etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhengdddddd