Opening Animation Smooth Movement

UsagiMegumi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I am having a struggle with the opening animation I am building.

I am trying to have 4 characters move simultaneously. I have them set up to run parallel but they all pause while the other characters move. Is there anyway to avoid this problem? I need them to move smoothly and I can't seem to get that to happen.

Any suggestions?

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DId you un-check the 'Wait For Completion' box on each of the Move Route commands? Otherwise the other characters will wait until the previous one is completed.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You really should use one event to set the move route for all 4 of them, and all 4 do not use wait for completion on the move routes. Having 4 separate events in parallel causes long term problems for most people.

UsagiMegumi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ossra yes, I did. Like they wait for the other characters to move before moving again. Basically each moves one step of their move route and waits to move the next step until everyone else has moved their steps.

@bgillisp I have 4 seperate move routes. Running them in one event means each goes in sequence. I need three of them to appear to be walking together on a road and appear like they are having a conversation that causes one of them to speed up, while the fourth character wanders a bit and has to catch up. I don't want to use the follow command as they should be walking side by side.

(All this while text scrolls over the animation)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try it. If you put all 4 in an event without checking wait for completion they go at the same time. The event will have them in a sequence though, but in game it will be at once. I do it all the time in my game with no issues.

UsagiMegumi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp Ah I will try that. Thanks, this has been bugging me all week since I haven't been able to work on it.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Parallel Event:
Set Moveroute NPC1 move up up up up up up up (No Wait)
Set Moveroute NPC2 move up up up up up up up (No Wait)
Set Moveroute NPC3 move up up up up up up up (No Wait)
Set Moveroute NPC4 move up up up up up up up (WAIT for completion)
Do other stuff
End the Event one way or another...

Make sure all NPC got the same speed and frequency on their Eventpage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.
Been seeing bright flashes in the sky for a while, and thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Nope! Lightning. Now it's raining heavily. Seeing lightning, but not hearing thunder, is weird.
Small Update for myself:
>Two Dungeon maps are done, Dungeon 3 is in progress. Dungeon 4 needs work.
>4 characters set up out of a possible 6 but those come later.
>Hub area needs work.
>Game completion..., 20-25% maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdealba92