Optimisation Code RPG Maker MV and performance issue? 60 FPS?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Val, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Val

Val Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Français
    Hi all fellow grand RPG Maker developpers,

I want to know if the people behind the rpg maker mv will update the tool with more optimisation and other code release that globaly increase the performance of the game made by RPG Maker MV? 

Because I know that a lot of us use scripts and plugins to increase the gameplay of our game but the game feel like slugish a bit (i'm looking with fraps)

And still I think that we have good computers, so for a game in 2D that run under 60 fps in combat is kind of not the best. (I still have a i7-920 2.67 ghz + 16 gig)

So I just want to know if we might have update in the future to increase performance?

thank you and have great holidays :D

JLowther and Marsigne like this.
  2. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm, my computer is much weaker than that and it always get 60FPS.

Are you playing in canvas or webgl mode?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Someone found out that by default, the MV engine is timed on the screen refresh of the graphic card instead of a timed frame sequence, which means that if your graphic card output is set to a different rate than 60 fps, the engine will be locked on that different rate (slower in case of many TV/HDMI-Outputs, faster in case of special monitors).

He also provided a patch to desync the engine from the screen refresh - it's linked in the forum somewhere, please search for it and test it.

Marsigne likes this.
  4. Val

Val Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Français
    I'm playing in 1000 x 740 (I know it's a kind of weird resolution) but I will try the patch desync link to see if any difference with the FPS.

But I have tried to drop some of the plugins and I saw an upgrade of the FPS, (so yes it's seem a bit too much of the power goes into the plugins)

I will continue to check this out. But if other people have tricks, patches, any way to increase the performance and fps of there game we can post it over here :)  

thx!

5. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    By the fact that RPG Maker MV uses OpenGL, uses GPU, uses Javascript, and a bunch of optimizations, should alone be much less demanding and more efficient than Ace, even if the resolution is higher (pros beats cons in performance). Maybe there's other things in pros and cons, but... the bugs... are endless T_T (and are the main reason of the issues)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
    Susan and Val like this.
  6. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update: Sorry if this counts as double post, just posting to notifying anyone interested.

Here is the link for the plugin Andar is talking about, for anyone interested: link.

Susan and Val like this.