Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Players who prefer to use the keyboard tend to hate having the mouse cursor drifting around the screen.  In Ace I had a way of giving the player the option to enable/disable the mouse whenever they liked.

Does anyone know of a way of doing this in MV?  Ideally I would like to do this by having an line on the Main Menu which calls up a common event as I think that would be easier than trying to drop it into the Options menu.  But of course that assumption might be wrong.

Thanks.

Galenmereth

Retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm going to implement a version of this for my game where when you use the keyboard / controller input, the mouse is hidden automatically until moved. How do you feel about that? I do like the idea of having a player option for it too, but I'd definitely put it in the Options submenu for coherency.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think that would probably be okay.  Are you happy to share that?

Galenmereth

Retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will do, yep. I'll have it done within a few days tops I believe.

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That would be great.  Thanks a lot.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i would find this useful too. hate it when mouse stays there even though I'm on a controller.

wilg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'd love to use this as well!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image_2021-06-13_213812.png

Todays Lesson: Tiles are a pain to make xD
The game is not even 2% complete, but i just wanted to release something for funsies. :)
It's on my google drive.
It would be awesome if i could get a couple ideas and the like!
So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StShiner