Options for using Scene Manager script calls?

greensdream

"GREEN'S DREAM" developer page
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a custom menu called by a common event, and in that event I have four options to choose from. They are essentially, ITEMS, EQUIP, SAVE, and QUIT. In the event I use script calls to take the player to the Items, Equip, Save, and Quit screens respectively [ SceneManager.push(Scene_Item), etc. ]. My question is this...

If I were to add more options to another custom menu like this, what are my choices for Scene Manager script calls? In this example, I'm using Scene_Item, Scene_Equip, Scene_Save, and Scene_GameEnd. Is there a list of all the other Scene_x calls? For instance, I'm assuming Scene_Options would work, what other "scenes" can I call?

I've attached a screenshot of part of my event showing how I'm using the script calls, in case my question seems vague.

Attachments

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
You can open the rpg_scenes.js and check it there :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SceneManager.push(Scene_Options)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Save)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Load)
exit() (closes the game directly)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Equip)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Items)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Formation)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Skills)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Status)

you can also create other ones from other plugins.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are even more than that in the base engine.

SceneManager.push(Scene_Battle)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Map) // Probably the only reason you'd ever need this though is for a custom title menu
SceneManager.push(Scene_Gameover)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Menu) // The default menu
SceneManager.push(Scene_Name) // The scene to type in a name for an actor
SceneManager.push(Scene_Shop)
SceneManager.push(Scene_Title)

Some of these need additional setup with (if I recall correctly) SceneManager.prepareNextScene. In particular: for shop, name, and battle, I'd recommend using the dedicated event commands instead of a script call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.
grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.
Have you already checkes out my mapping tutorial on the blog? I would love to hear your feedback and things you'd like to see in the future!

one of character for my upcoming game idk how to design o_O

Designing patches that can 'augmented' to clothing based armor. Such good fun. A bit time consuming due to the need to create image displays, but the patches are limited so it's not too tiring.
Note: lol, posting this made me find a couple mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilKeepItReal