Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Orange Day and Night 1.0
Hudell
Introduction
This plugin will add a day and night effect to your game, using Orange Time System for the flow of time.

Params

morningTint:
The colors to use for the morning screen tint
Default is -34, -17, 10, 68

middayTint:
The colors to use for the daylight screen tint
Default is 0, 0, 0, 0

eveningTint:
The colors to use for the evening screen tint
Default is 17, -34, -68, 17

nightTint:
The colors to use for the night screen tint
Default is -102, -85, 0, 170

tintSpeed:
How many frames should the plugin use for the transition between one tint effect and the next
Default: 300

Plugin
Get it from here

Dependencies
Orange Time System

FAQ
I'll keep a small FAQ here for easy reference.

Credit and Thanks
- Hudell

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Fantastic. Gonna get to trying this out right now :D

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
lol going to add the tintspeed to mine :)

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How would I adjust the script so that it starts out in the morning rather than evening to night. I find that as soon as I start playtesting, it goes from day, to evening to night immediately.

ARKS STUDIO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
I set the switch to on but it wont turn off when inside?? help me lol

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How would I adjust the script so that it starts out in the morning rather than evening to night. I find that as soon as I start playtesting, it goes from day, to evening to night immediately.
I've updated the core Time System to include a param called "initialHour", you can set the time you want the game to start on (it used to start at midnight).

I set the switch to on but it wont turn off when inside?? help me lol
There was a small issue with the plugin, I just fixed it.

You can use this other plugin to add a notetag on "inside" maps, so that you don't need to add a command that updates that switch on every map. Just make sure to add OrangeDayAndNight after that other plugin.

I just added a new param to the plugin that will let you determine if a map is inside or outside through it's tileset, so you don't have to use the switch.

Just add all "inside" tileset IDs to the tilesetList param, separated by comma.

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've updated the core Time System to include a param called "initialHour", you can set the time you want the game to start on (it used to start at midnight).
Man you are awesome. Thanks for updating this so quickly. Gonna go plug it in and give it a go! :)  

Any luck with that other issue I pm'd you about?

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's on my list, but it's a bigger fix so I haven't checked it yet.
Fair enough! Thanks for the updates :D

Edit - I jsut put the new script in and I do not see the InitialHour param yet... :\ I have just had a closer look... you said the Core Time plugin. Going to test that now lol >.<

ARKS STUDIO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Were would  you find the id tags for the tilesets?

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Inside switch is still not working for me. Could you please help. I can send you a list of plugins I am using, if that would help.

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Were would  you find the id tags for the tilesets?
You would look in the Database under Tilesets. You will see a list of them and their numbers are 0001 and so on. For this example, Interior is 0003, so you would put 0003 in the plugin parameters next to tilesetList.

The Inside switch is still not working for me. Could you please help. I can send you a list of plugins I am using, if that would help.
There have beena few updates to the plugin... do you have the most recent update?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I believe so... let me try again...
Where are you changing the switch value? If you change it after changing maps, the plugin won't really update the tint. I'm adding a plugin command so you can call it after changing the switch for it to update.

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I founf the problem, I had the script listed as OrangeDayNight, when it sjould have been OrangeDayAndNight

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, okay!

I just updated the script again, I've moved two params from this plugin to the core time system: insideSwitch and tilesetList. It makes more sense to keep those two params there because that way other add-ons (such as a weather system) may use the same information.

ARKS STUDIO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
What did i do wrong lol sorry for being such a pain but i set the id in plugin but night tint is still inside.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you download it now or earlier? I've moved two params to the core time system on an update I made a few hours ago. You have to set the ID of the tileset you want to treat as "inside" on the tilesetList param.

ARKS STUDIO

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Did you download it now or earlier? I've moved two params to the core time system on an update I made a few hours ago. You have to set the ID of the tileset you want to treat as "inside" on the tilesetList param.
 Yo you are so awesome this is the best plugin ever!!!!

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hudell, could you add a help section to the .js so that I can see the plugin commands via the Help button in the manager?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Our garage has been so full since moving we haven't been able to get our car in. Storm night before last (no hail), storms forecast for last night & today. I convinced hubby we should clean out the garage and we managed to get it done and get the car in. Hail last night! Just in time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cexxiza