Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Orange - Event Hitboxes 1.0
Hudell
Introduction
This plugin will let you change the size of events, so that they trigger collisions and events on a bigger area

How to Use
First of all, activate the plugin on your plugin manager.

There are 4 tags that can be used to configure the event hitboxes:
<hitboxX:0>
<hitboxY:0>
<hitboxWidth:1>
<hitboxHeight:1>
The hitboxX and hitboxY tags are used to relocate the top left position of the hitbox. The default value is 0.
The hitboxWidth and hitboxHeight tags are used to resize the hitbox. The default value is 1.

All values are on tiles. If you change hitboxX to -1:
<hitboxX:-1>
then the hitbox will start one tile to left of where it would usually start.

Those tags can be added to the event notes. If you want a different size for a specific page, you can add those tags on a comment on that page and the plugin will understand that it should use that configuration for that specific page.

Plugin
Get it from here

License
Free for any game. No credits necessary.

Last edited:

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hudell, won't you try to make the pixel collition too? Since you asked for it in other thread, I'm really hyped about it and I'm kinda waiting for you for mapping in parallax ^^'

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hudell, won't you try to make the pixel collition too? Since you asked for it in other thread, I'm really hyped about it and I'm kinda waiting for you for mapping in parallax ^^'
I will, but I still have a few other plugins with higher priority.

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance for decimal/increment support?

I'm using this along with your pixel movement script, so being able to resize them based on decimal input would be nice (I tried inputing 1.5 for hitbox height, but it's still treated as 1).

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance for decimal/increment support?

I'm using this along with your pixel movement script, so being able to resize them based on decimal input would be nice (I tried inputing 1.5 for hitbox height, but it's still treated as 1).
My pixel movement script allow you to set the height and width for the actors using pixels, on the same format as this script, but this script is not necessary for that.
Events can only be changed in tiles for now. I plan to change it to support pixel sizes at some point, but that will be a lot of code to write and I have many other plugins I want to do first, so it may take a while.

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I see. I'm currently fine with the actor sizes so far; it's just events I'm more concerned with since there may come a time when I'll be using a large sprite.

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Our parallaxing anxiety will wait just a few :D

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a very small error, the name of the script at the top says

* Orange - Change Save File Name * By Hudell - www.hudell.com
Just thought I'd let you know.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a very small error, the name of the script at the top says

* Orange - Change Save File Name * By Hudell - www.hudell.com

Just thought I'd let you know.
Oops. Thanks for reporting it.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone else told me they would be making a plugin for pixel collision compatible with Orange Movement, so I won't be working on that for now. But if nothing shows up, I'll think about that again.

BigTaro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome plugin.  Is it possible to set the hitbox based on direction? I have a few objects (like cars/person holding large object) that change their width/height depending on the direction they are facing.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Hudell! No problems with your script (in fact, it works really really well and I love it very much~) but I do have a question: The first post says that it's dependent on the MVCommons plugin/framework, right? That plugin doesn't seem to need to be ON or even in the plugin list for the hitbox plugin to function correctly, so what's the relationship between the two and how do they interact?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MVCommons is a failed attempt to standardize some plugins. The idea was to avoid having each scripter have their own "Core" plugin like it was so common with Ace. It failed because as far as I know only 4 scripters embraced it.
Back when I first created the EventHitboxes plugin, MVCommons was a dependency, but I later changed it to work without it.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Hudell ahhhhh gotcha. That's a shame about the commons standardization, but it's neat that it works without it! Thank you for making such a useful plugin! :kaocry:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for linking me to this plugin, there is however something I'm not understanding.

I have an event that is 3 tiles long and my settings are.
<hitboxX:-3><hitboxX:1>
When the " - " is added to the tags, the event is no longer a solid barrier.
Strangely enough when the X value is 3 or less- the event is only solid in one tile space.

Is there also a method to altering the hitbox when an event is facing a different direction? I'm curious to know because graphics can appear shorter when facing down if you take perspective into it.

sundricat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What is the maximum recommended size for an event's hit box?

ketzalcoat

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello Hudell, can you help me with an event of a shark! I'm using your pluging to rezise the shark collision box, but, I'm doing something wrong.shark.jpgthe orange square is the event, and the yellow boxes cover the area that I want collision.
The shark will only have horizontal movement.
Here is the event page. Maybe and hope, you can help me... Thankyou.Shark1.jpg

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't remember if the plugin accepts comments or if you need to put those tags on the notes, but hitbox X should be -3 and hitboxy should be -1. (you added hitbox X twice)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aotaru