Orange Greenworks - Steam doesn't say I'm playing a game

ZoeZero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have followed this tutorial and at the end it says "Everything should be ready now. Run the nw file and your steam status should indicate that you’re running your game. If it is, then everything is working.", but it didn't for me.

I'm using nw.js 0.42.0 SDK, and I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly. Here's what the console says:

upload_2019-10-28_11-6-24.png

(I tried to put everything in English, but couldn't find the option inside the console)

What did I do wrong? Is that plugin still working?
I'd appreciate any help

CapLegHole

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I am aware, the plugin is broken in the latest RPG Maker MV update and the creator of the plugin Hudel has abandoned work on it. I am currently trying to find a fix for it or get a replacement plugin. I will keep this thread updated. Sorry for the bad news.

ZoeZero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I have very recently been able to make it work through a tutorial in my native language.
It seems like the main problem was the compatibility error (which was fixed when I used nwjs 0.33.3) and the absence of some files in specific folders.

So, the thing is... it is working.

The folders should be like this:

I've finally made it, and my achievements are now working!

Look:

upload_2019-11-12_0-57-26.png

CapLegHole

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you get the steamworks javascript file and node? I've been everywhere in the SDK files and have never seen those.

ZoeZero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Node? Nowhere. The tutorial I used said they're optional. I didn't use them and it's working fine. By "steamworks javascript file" do you mean the greenworks.js? I downloaded it from here. Just click the "If you simply put the OrangeGreenworks plugin on your project" button, or acess this link.

CapLegHole

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My PC is the 2nd screenshot. I was asking about the two things that I circled on yours.

Thanks for the reply's an help. You've helped me more than the rest of the community already.

Annotation 2019-11-12 224027.png mine.png

ZoeZero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've checked my project and I don't have it either. The tutorial says it's also optional.
I couldn't make it work until I put a copy of greenworks.js in the main folder.

And, well, the rest of the community might just not have had issues when installing this plugin.

Remember to check if greenworks.js is on the correct folders, and if it's in the game as an active plugin.
You also have to create a file called steam_appid.txt on your main game folder (above www folder), and it should contain only the number of your Game's App ID (which usually ends in a 0, and is everywhere on the steamworks website).

Even if you don't open it through steam or steam installation folder, your game must appear as running on Steam when you open it with all the greenworks files. I didn't think it'd really happened, but it happened to me, and that was how I knew the plugin was really working.

So, deploy, remove all files but www folder and package.json, add the correct version of nwjs files, create the steam_appid.txt, check if all the files are in their correct folders, comparing to the screenshots provided above, then open the game through that file/folder.

Edit: Also, I didn't use the SDK version of nwjs. Maybe that means something

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sad to report but I have recently learned through another member that the plugin link is down. Owing that Huddel moved away from this in favor of his game business I doubt that it will ever be reuploaded, and per rules I unfortunately can't even provide my own copy in his place so unless the mods say otherwise this discussion is good as dead because of the change.

EDIT: Apologies if this is necropost material but I literally just found out. I also intended to mention this in the plugin thread rather than doing so here, which has now been addressed on my end. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdominach