Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Hudell,

Thanks for your amazing with with Orange HUD and time systems! I was originally only looking for a plugin to automate day/night tints, but now I can't imagine working without everything else.

I'm having the same issue with DarkSlayerEX from your Time System Variables thread where everything seems to work but the Variables (and hence the Clock on the HUD) aren't updating. I believe I have the latest versions of your files, so I'm not sure if I'm being derpy and missing something obvious? 

Do you get any error message on rpg maker's console window?

Try running the following script line and see if anything will show up on there

Code:
OrangeTimeSystem.on('changeTime', function(){console.log('time system is working'); })

Veralisa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you get any error message on rpg maker's console window?

Try running the following script line and see if anything will show up on there

OrangeTimeSystem.on('changeTime', function(){console.log('time system is working'); })

Wow, that's a seriously prompt response. Thank you!

I do get a couple of errors actually!

MVC not found, OrangeTimeSystem will be using essentials copied from M.V.C. 1.2.1

MVC not found, OrangeHud will be using essentials copied from M.V.C. 1.2.1

Nothing happens when I try to fun the script line. 

I'm really sorry if this is a simple issue that I'm completely derping on, I'm totally new to all of this. ._.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hm, if nothing new appeared on the console after that script line, then the problem is on the time system itself. I'll make some tests here to see if I find anything.

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is this compatible with touch devices or is it still only for mouse?

Tobwa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hudell,

Thank you for this script. Incredible.

I have successfully integrated it into one of my levels, but my next section refuses to work. The kicker is it did work for something like an hour. And, then it stopped. I'm using Orangehud core, and OrangehudLineGroup for this level.

I have it set to turn on with switchid 99. Pattern (this worked before) is in the form "Scrubbies %1 / 1." Face is Gabriola. Font size is 48.

The Orangehud core script has only had its font changed as well (size and face).

I am at a loss. I've turned off all other scripts. Tried changing the x and y of the group script. I've made the core script opaque and pinged it to the same switchid, and it still becomes visible. The words and variables from the LineGroup simply refuse to show up on top of it anymore. So frustrating.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try changing the font face back to default and see if that does anything

Weston

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there Hudell,

Firstly amazing work on the Hud and the other scripts you've made, they work really well within all game aspects so a massive thank you for that!

However trying to get the Actor Image to work is becoming a challenge. Im not sure if im doing something wrong but here's a screenshot:

Really hope you can help me, spent so long last night trying to sort it out :p

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Im also having issues on how you setup the HudGuage but thats a different subject however if anyone can help me with that i'd be also much appreciative! Im new to all this as you can tell me the easiest way to learn if from the wonderful people here!

Edit 2: Wait i did it!, hopefully this is the intention behind the script but i used a switch for it with a conditional branch, i hope i've done it the right way! But i still need help with the HudGuage :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobwa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try changing the font face back to default and see if that does anything

Thank you for the response Hudell.

I've switched the core font off and tried it, switched the line font off and tried it, turned both off and tried it, and turned both back on. I've switched the font size. Still no text or variables.

For kicks and giggles I tried turning the opacity up, and the HUD is indeed still there, just refusing to show anything of value. I went into my other level in-game (up some stairs) and the HUD still works up there. I've tried mimicking it's settings, but they don't work downstairs. I'm baffled.

EDIT: I was baffled. As I was writing this I went back to the upstairs line settings. I noticed that I had changed the name of the my new LineGroup  "GroupName" from main to Cleaning Supplies because...  you know, I like to be organized. I switched it back to main. It works.

Am I simply ignorant, or is this a glitch? I hadn't read any documentation about GroupName having a meaningful impact, and the descriptor text you applied didn't associate with anything in the core, so I thought it isolated (I could change it, making it a new group). Apparently I was entirely wrong!

What does GroupName do?

Thank you again!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there Hudell,

Firstly amazing work on the Hud and the other scripts you've made, they work really well within all game aspects so a massive thank you for that!

However trying to get the Actor Image to work is becoming a challenge. Im not sure if im doing something wrong but here's a screenshot:

Really hope you can help me, spent so long last night trying to sort it out :p

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Im also having issues on how you setup the HudGuage but thats a different subject however if anyone can help me with that i'd be also much appreciative! Im new to all this as you can tell me the easiest way to learn if from the wonderful people here!

Edit 2: Wait i did it!, hopefully this is the intention behind the script but i used a switch for it with a conditional branch, i hope i've done it the right way! But i still need help with the HudGuage :D

The switch shouldn't be required, but if you set one, it must be on for the hud to appear. What's the problem with the gauge?

Thank you for the response Hudell.

I've switched the core font off and tried it, switched the line font off and tried it, turned both off and tried it, and turned both back on. I've switched the font size. Still no text or variables.

For kicks and giggles I tried turning the opacity up, and the HUD is indeed still there, just refusing to show anything of value. I went into my other level in-game (up some stairs) and the HUD still works up there. I've tried mimicking it's settings, but they don't work downstairs. I'm baffled.

EDIT: I was baffled. As I was writing this I went back to the upstairs line settings. I noticed that I had changed the name of the my new LineGroup  "GroupName" from main to Cleaning Supplies because...  you know, I like to be organized. I switched it back to main. It works.

Am I simply ignorant, or is this a glitch? I hadn't read any documentation about GroupName having a meaningful impact, and the descriptor text you applied didn't associate with anything in the core, so I thought it isolated (I could change it, making it a new group). Apparently I was entirely wrong!

What does GroupName do?

Thank you again!

The groupName allows multiple huds to be created. By default there's only one hud called "main", but you can add more with the OrangeHudGroup addon.

Tobwa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, Hudell. I will put more research into this deep script and it's functions.

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Hudell Hey I'm having trouble with the hud in that it keeps showing a "0" before anything else. I tried putting in OrangeHudGroup, and change group name, but that didn't work. If I get rid of the variable Ids, then the hud won't show at all

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi @Hudell.  Sorry to cross-topic stalk you. :p  Wondering if it'd be possible to toggle the gauge HUD to deplete from top to bottom instead of from right to left.  So that we could have vertical gauges as well.  Thanks as always!

djmisterjon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
francais
Primarily Uses
DefaultFontFace
The font face that will be used by default on all lines

DefaultFontSize
The font size that will be used by default on all lines

For Orange - Line HUD

Hi , have a bug , when i change the Font Face.
The @para Font size no work
Alway small !?
Any idea ?

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hudeeeeeelllllll   *sobs* Your people need you!! *sobs*

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hudeeeeeelllllll   *sobs* Your people need you!! *sobs*
I thought for sure I had replied to this thread a few days ago ;-;

Did you figure out where that zero came from? Someone else had that problem some time ago and it was an extra line add-on they had on the plugin list.

Hi @Hudell.  Sorry to cross-topic stalk you. :p  Wondering if it'd be possible to toggle the gauge HUD to deplete from top to bottom instead of from right to left.  So that we could have vertical gauges as well.  Thanks as always!

Yup. I'll add a param for that this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

For Orange - Line HUD

Hi , have a bug , when i change the Font Face.
The @para Font size no work
Alway small !?
Any idea ?

What Font Face are you using?

Edit: I included a new add-on: OrangeHudAlignedLine.js

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated the OrangeHudGauge with a new param: Direction.

Valrix

Code Breaker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've noticed a few bugs while toying around with the Hud, first is that setting a font face didn't seem to work, so I checked the plugin to discover it's not being set!

$.Param.GroupName = "main";
$.Param.DefaultFontSize = Number($.Parameters.DefaultFontSize || 18);
$.Param.DefaultFontColor = String($.Parameters.DefaultFontColor || '#FFFFFF');
$.Param.DefaultFontItalic = $.Parameters.DefaultFontItalic === "true";
$.Param.ShowUnderTintLayer = ($.Parameters.ShowUnderTintLayer || "false").toLowerCase() === "true";

Another is text seems to get cut off. I'm not sure if the padding isn't being re-calculated or what, but even if I change the padding amount, the text is still cut off and the padding goes well beyond what I specified. For example, I set the padding to 10 and it moved the text in as expected, but here's how it looks

hud.png

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've noticed a few bugs while toying around with the Hud, first is that setting a font face didn't seem to work, so I checked the plugin to discover it's not being set!

$.Param.GroupName = "main";
$.Param.DefaultFontSize = Number($.Parameters.DefaultFontSize || 18);
$.Param.DefaultFontColor = String($.Parameters.DefaultFontColor || '#FFFFFF');
$.Param.DefaultFontItalic = $.Parameters.DefaultFontItalic === "true";
$.Param.ShowUnderTintLayer = ($.Parameters.ShowUnderTintLayer || "false").toLowerCase() === "true";

Another is text seems to get cut off. I'm not sure if the padding isn't being re-calculated or what, but even if I change the padding amount, the text is still cut off and the padding goes well beyond what I specified. For example, I set the padding to 10 and it moved the text in as expected, but here's how it looks

View attachment 35808

I'll fix the font face tonight, but meanwhile you can change the font face on the line plugin instead of the hud itself. You'll also need to change the game's CSS file. I've explained how somewhere in this thread, one or two pages ago.

For the other issue, I'll need you to send me your plugins.js file so I can check the params used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deli