Orange HUD

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Probably because your padding and margin are bigger than your width / height.

2. Pluto Pluto

Pluto Pluto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ah ok thank you!

3. Soulnet

Soulnet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Hudell. Just a question with regards to the font for your hud plugins. I see the default is Verdana, but where is the script picking up the font from? I've check all the game folders so can only assume it's picking it up from Windows itself. Is this correct?

If it is how do I make it pick up a custom font that isn't part of windows for example?

Ta!

4. momo070707

momo070707 Warper Member

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello man, thanks for this super plugin, i have a question, how to show the word of the day in the hud ? Like monday, saturday etx. Thanks

5. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You need to add it to the game's css file.

That will depend on the time system you're using. If you have mine, you can use the OrangeTimeSystemVariables add-on to get the day name.

6. Soulnet

Soulnet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi. I do this already as its my default font (i.e used for menus and text boses etc...), but it doesn't want to pick up on the hud.

Silly me. When I was reading leave blank for default I was thinking the default you get with a new default game not default as in what I chose! All good now.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  7. casp0or

casp0or Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Hi, great work ^^

But I use several OrangeHudActorGauge (6x) and OrangeHudActorStatus (6x) in my game ... but when I turn them ON my game has around 5 frames -.-

plugin.png
    (pic without Gauge for testing)

I already disabled the auto-refresh function, but it seems not to work properly.

Can you provide a workaround for this ?

regards
    casp0or

-OMG EDIT-

Just turn off autorefresh in main "OrangeHud" solved my problems XD

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Coopziana

Coopziana Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can anyone help me out with a script call for xp & max xp.

I'm trying to create a gauge that shows current xp. But rather than setting up a variable that is always running or forcing me to run it at certain intervals I'd like to just use a script call for the gauge plugin.

So minValue would be current EXP.
    Max Value would be NextLevelEXP or MaxEXP.

I'm at a loss as how to refer to it in script because there is very little reference to it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.
    For those who were wondering, here is how I did it!

Min Value: $gameActors.actor(1).currentExp(); (Change the number in the brackets to the Database ID of the actor you want)
    Max Value: $gameActors.actor(1).currentExp() + $gameActors.actor(1).nextRequiredExp();

Put that into the Script Call for the Gauge instead of using variables and it works like a charm! I'll keep you posted on any errors I come across, but hopefully I won't.

Hope this helps someone out.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  9. Volcore

Volcore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm trying to get a guage to display, in the parameters, is the scriptID the id of a common event, or is it something else?

EDIT: I've figured out how to fix this, although, I have another question, how do I display a different image depending upon the value of a variable?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  10. PotatoPotahto

PotatoPotahto Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible in any way to display an analog clock?

11. PotatoPotahto

PotatoPotahto Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So, is there a way to do so?

12. cheeto899

cheeto899 Villager Member

First Language:
    chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Really sorry to ask but the autorefresh seems not working for me, is there any possible reason for this ? Thanks very much.

13. JareX

JareX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hey! Thanks for this awesome pluging.

Is there any way to asign the font size of orange hud line plugins to a variable, so I can change them ingame?

Thanks!

14. Rishi Raj Jain

Rishi Raj Jain Pokemon MV Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wish u Make a Combined Plugin.
    As the HUD Maker Plugin by SumRndmDde.

Oranger HUD
    Can be the best but please make all in one plugin file with a easy to use Drag and drop setup Similar to SumRndmDde.

Let's make Orange HUD great again by "All in 1 Plugin"

phamtruong1992 likes this.
  15. JareX

JareX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I don't think that's a good idea. By having modular parts of the plugin people can use just what they need. Having one big chunk of a plugin just makes it harder to update, more likely to get buggy or incompatible and a fuss to those who only seek one part of it.

16. Yoraee

Yoraee Veteran Veteran

Hey, @Hudell thank you so much for this plugin and the add ons!

I need guidance on the ScriptPattern parameter in the AlignedLine add on. I would like to return the name of the actor's current state, the ID of the state is stored in a variable, so I input the following in the parameter field:
    $dataStates[$gameVariables.value(21)].name

this does not work however. It seems the ScriptPattern does not recognize the $gameVariables.value(21) bit (I tried using that by itself and got the same error).

My question is: is there a specific format I should use to obtain the gameVariable within ScriptPattern?

I should also note that using this same script call but with iconIndex at the end for the ScriptIcon add on works.

Thanks!

17. Bareacine

Bareacine Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is there anyway with the OrangeHudActorStatus to display the current EXP and max EXP of an actor?

18. Dope

Dope Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This might sound like a crazy question, actually, I'm quite positive this will sound like a crazy question, but... Is it possible to get this hud to display a common event?

Basically, I need the hud to display my clock. I know you have a plugin with a built in clock, but I don't think I'll be able to get your clock to function the way my clock in my game works. Like I already have the clock working perfectly, I just needed the hud to display it because I don't want the player to have to pull up the menu and use an item just to get the time to pop up.

This is how my clock is setup

[​IMG]

The reason I can't just use my variables with your clock is because my variables are dependent on other variables... I mean getting a clock to work on a 12 hour system and recognizing AM/PM was a pita... I could be overcomplicating things though.

19. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

Currently testing this complex plugin. This needs a more thorough documentation. I still don't understand how to put the whole thing together even looking at the code.

20. kako05

kako05 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Australian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Edit: Solved.
    P.S You can change HUD transparency with switchID.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017