Orange HUD

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Berin90

Berin90 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italiano
    If i had a circolar HUD, how could i can do?

2. Chdonga

Chdonga Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It looks like the OP isn't answering questions anymore but I'll ask anyway.
    I've tried several different Screen Zoom plugins and I always get the same result. Whenever I use a zoom script call or plugin command, the hud will zoom in along with the screen. Is there any way to stop it from doing that?

3. Coopziana

Coopziana Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Don't bother using the Orange HUD, it is very limited to what you can do before it starts to create some pretty nifty lag within your game. SRD has an HUD maker that you can put together while playing your game in "real time" drag and drop functions along with conditions for each HUD item, full on animated gauges... the works. It's awesome. Check it out: http://sumrndm.site/hud-maker/

4. Chdonga

Chdonga Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I try not to use SRD plugins unless there's no alternative. They usually conflict with other people's plugins or are so rigidly put together that you can't make edits to the js file without breaking the plugin entirely.

I ended up using VictorEngine's Information Window plugin in tandem with the Orange HUD.

Koalas_go_Moo likes this.
  5. JareX

JareX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I'm still wondering this.

I wish to change the font size on the fly while in-game using variables. Is it possible to asign the font size of a determined "OrangeHudLine" to a variable?

6. den4ick

den4ick Warper Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hey @Hudell, I have a problem with the plugin OrangeHudVariablePicture, it seems that when it is turned on, the ability to use the mouse has disappeared, moreover, if one copy of the plug-in is active, the mouse does not work only in the title screen when you start the game, if more copies, the mouse does not work at all.
    EDIT: Also, this only happens if CommonEventId is active, without it everything works fine.
    any idea how it can fix this? my plugin list Screenshot_1.png

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  7. Koalas_go_Moo

Koalas_go_Moo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So SRD Plugins for HUDs just are not working for me.
    I read the OP isnt answering messages anymore here but I hope someone can answer me.

Would these plugins from this maker here, work for if I wanted a Zelda style heart health system. So like instead of going to the menu, I could have say 3 hearts showing the main character's health and every time I get hit I loose one heart till I find a way to replenish it, or die and get a game over. Is that at all possible?

If so can someone please explain how to do this D:
    Thank you

8. TwilightApostle

TwilightApostle Potential Lunch-Haver Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I hope this doesn't count as necroposting, but I think I have an...answer(?) to your query, Koala_go_Moo. I've been looking at a way to display a set of numbers without using a plugin, and it turns out you can have a script take care of the whole thing, though it would probably take some tweaking to get a picture representation instead of the numbers I'm using. It takes a bit of setup and may not be what you're looking for, so PM me if you're interested in learning how to do it. Otherwise, let me know if you find anything that helps you out, because it would probably help me too!

9. KevinFrost

KevinFrost KevinFrost91 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Download links seem broken?

Found Hudell's GitHub. All scripts can be found there. Just an FYI for people experiencing link issues :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Hudell likes this.
  10. Kristhor84

Kristhor84 Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,
    I hope someone can still help me with this... there's probably a very simple solution but I tried different things and I can't get it right.
    So, in the HUD, I want to show the seasons using pictures. I'm using Huddel's timesystem, my variable for the month names (aka seasons) is 5.

I made four .png files in the pictures map. They are named Spring.png, Summer.png, Autumn.png and Winter.png. Just as the corresponding values under variable 5.
    When I start te game it's Spring. But the corresponding image just won't show up in the HUD. Time and day and a fixed picture work just fine.

What should I put in "pattern"? I think that's were the mistake is?

Attached Files:

11. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You'll need to use the ScriptPattern for that one. Use this:

Code:
    ['Spring', 'Summer', 'Autumn', 'Winter'][$gameVariables.value(5) % 4];

Edit: Sorry, I misread your first post. Change the 5 on that line for the variable with the month number and it should work.

Kristhor84 likes this.
  12. Kristhor84

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Hudell!
    I thought you were gone from this forum! So glad to see you're still here :) Very fast reply!
    I did what you said, but now when I want to start the game I'm getting the error "TypeError Cannot read property 'format' of undefined"
    I checked my writing several times but I can't see where I did something wrong.

Oh wait, EDIT: I changed 5 for 9 (9 is my monthVariable in your timesystem). NOW IT WORKS! However, it shows the picture for summer.... while in spring.... I'll try to figure out why.
    Thanks so much! Buying your game on Steam NOW ;)

13. Kristhor84

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So... this is interesting. My game seems intent on starting in summer instead of spring. At least I thought. The weather system, set on only snow in month 4, suddenly made it snow in spring. So, after some more tests, the order seems to be:
    - Summer as month number 1
    - Autumn as month number 2
    - Winter as month number 3
    - Spring as month number 4
    However, they are correctly named in my variables. Right? Game starts in the month called Spring, as shown on my HUD (OrangeHudLine).

So. When starting my game, it starts in month 1. Which is -according to my HUD- Spring. But, according to my OrangeHUDVariablePicture, it's Summer.
    It's trying to make me go mad I'm sure. Any ideas?

EDIT: it seems it's only the variable picture which starts in summer instead of spring. When I put:
    ['Spring', 'Summer', 'Autumn', 'Winter'][$gameVariables.value(9) % 1]; in stead of:
    ['Spring', 'Summer', 'Autumn', 'Winter'][$gameVariables.value(9) % 4];

It starts with the right picture (spring icon). However, after one 'month' (season) the variable picture doesn't change to the summer icon. Or autumn, and so on.
    It keep trying, solutions more than welcome :)

EDIT: SOLVED! But I don't get why.... instead of:
    ['Spring', 'Summer', 'Autumn', 'Winter'][$gameVariables.value(9) % 4];
    I put:
    ['Winter', 'Spring', 'Summer', 'Autumn', ][$gameVariables.value(9) % 4];
    And now it works. But I don't get why it skips the first picture.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018