Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably, but you can also try galvs variable bar plugin. It's easier to set up I think and orange hud has performance issues. Sometimes FPS drops by half just because of it when entering a new map.
Mog party hud, mog actor hud or mog variable hud also are excellent plugins for that. Also, you can increase the amount of variables available to display by editing mog variable hug plugin very easily.

I find a good solution with SRDude plugin. I prefer for future find a solution with this one. So I reduce possible problems or errors.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I find a good solution with SRDude plugin. I prefer for future find a solution with this one. So I reduce possible problems or errors.
I tried hud maker, possibly had plugin compatibility issues and my project didn't even launch. Though I've never managed to build a project with SRD plugins, too many problems. I always end up deleting all of them.

StatusGear

Entertainment
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How does the OrangeHudVariablePicture work exactly? It's pretty broad from what I'm looking at and looking into. It's a picture that changes based on a variable correct? If so how is it supposed to look / written in the pattern portion of the plugin so I know how to call for multiple pictures on different value.

Because I couldn't get it to work with what I thought would be something like :

Pattern > Rock , Paper , Scissors , Shoot

for calling different images to be displayed in the order given.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: nvn, there's still bug.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.
Is possible disable and enable Hud? How I do this?
I don't want show it during some dialogues.

Another question. I use 2 huds. Is possible that one is showed only if player hold a keyboard key? so he can see that info only when he want and in a fast way.

Last edited:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Use switches for the corresponding hud
2. Use common events. Not sure about holding, but clicking on/click off is easily achieved with input_trigger script.
Also can be possible to make it with a picture (click/or gold pic to show menu) with yanfly common pictures (or something like that) plugin.

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Use switches for the corresponding hud
2. Use common events. Not sure about holding, but clicking on/click off is easily achieved with input_trigger script.
Also can be possible to make it with a picture (click/or gold pic to show menu) with yanfly common pictures (or something like that) plugin.
I've never tried to influence a plugin like this.
Anyway. Plugin have "SwitchID" set on 0, are you referring to this parameter of the plugin?

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never tried to influence a plugin like this.
Anyway. Plugin have "SwitchID" set on 0, are you referring to this parameter of the plugin?

Add any other than 0 switch to it and it'll work as a enable/disable hud switch.

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Turn switch on or off once you add a switch to plugin options.
Ah... yes i get it now. Number of switch indentification. Ok.. so simple now. I thought the wrong way. Thanks.

Last edited:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey. Any ideas on how to increase the wait time of script checking if var value has changed? My performance drops from 60 to 30 sometimes, has 33 variables displayed on one map. I thought to add wait time like 1-2 seconds until next refresh could help.
@Hudell

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please, can someone help me with the OrangeHudVariablePicture plugin? I can't figure out how it works.
I need to show different pictures based on variable values on the hud.
I tried using the parameters called "Pattern" and "ScriptPattern", but they don't work as expected.
If I use "Pattern", putting into it the file name of a picture, it shows correctly the picture on the hud.
But I need to change that picture everytime I change the variable value in game associated with the picture.

EDIT: I found the solution here.

Last edited:

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Hudell - I know that you moved past this a long time ago. Just wondering if you might recall a solution for this. Seems like the HUD plugins (and maybe RMMV in general) draws gauges above pictures. There doesn't seem to be a z position anywhere. Tried changing order of plugins to have a picture appear above a gauge, to no avail. Is there any way to draw a HUD picture on TOP of a gauge? If there's anything you can do to help, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thank you as always. Hope things are well!

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell - I know that you moved past this a long time ago. Just wondering if you might recall a solution for this. Seems like the HUD plugins (and maybe RMMV in general) draws gauges above pictures. There doesn't seem to be a z position anywhere. Tried changing order of plugins to have a picture appear above a gauge, to no avail. Is there any way to draw a HUD picture on TOP of a gauge? If there's anything you can do to help, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thank you as always. Hope things are well!

Use galv variable bars for gauges and srdhudmaker for everything else. Orange HUD has bugs and hurts performance a lot.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Download link is broken: OrangeHud.js

OrangeHudGroup.js - Used to create multiple HUDs.
OrangeHudLine.js - To add a single variable to the hud.
OrangeHudAlignedLine.js - Same features as the regular line, except for the text commands (\i, \v and so on). Includes alignment.
OrangeHudVariablePicture.js - To add a variable picture to the hud.
OrangeHudFixedPicture.js - To add a fixed picture to the hud.
OrangeHudClock.js - To add a clock to the hud.
OrangeHudDate.js - To add a date to the hud.
OrangeHudLineGroup.js - To add several variables to the hud.
OrangeHudGold.js - To add the gold amount to the hud.
OrangeHudActorStatus.js - To add info about a party member to the hud.
OrangeHudActorGauge.js - To add a gauge using data from a party member
OrangeHudFacePicture.js - To add the face of a party member to the hud.
OrangeHudVariableIcon.js - To add a variable icon to the hud.
OrangeHudScriptIcon.js - To add an icon using a script.
OrangeHudGauge.js - To add a gauge on the hud.

Thank you @tale for finding alternative links for me and others who might want to use Hud plugins.

Last edited:

TecnoNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'd like to ask you a little favor. I would need to be able to enter the possibility of being able to display, at will, the sign + in front of the positive numbers in your OrangeHudLineGroup. Maybe through a "true/false" in the configuration. Can you do? If you could also indicate a different color based on the (+) or (-) number of the variable group.

W1yEkLS.png

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy moly, Italian words are long! lol

Edit: Nvm, resolved my issue.

mamimi0

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Engirish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The download link is down, can you re-upload it?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skybola188