Orange HUD

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Hudell, Oct 25, 2015.

1. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    333 x 133. Adding that in the params didn't help either ( i tried earlier, as well as putting it on 0). Png for the picture, isn't a problem right? I'll put the hud in a new project to see if there's a problem with another plugin maybe.

I tried in on your demo and it works. So it's either another plugin that is being difficult or a parameter that doesn't like a certain input. I'll let you know how and if i fixed it, tomorrow.

Edit: Okay wtf, i turned off all other scripts except HUD and MVCommons and it still doesn't show. In the demo where i added it, it does work. I hate this kind of bug hunting -_-

Edit 2: In the error console there's an error "uncaught error update Fixedpicture" and the line of the error would be OrangeHudFixedPicture.js:43. It's exactly the same script as in your demo though.

Edit 3: I tried some more stuff in your demo and from the moment you disable OrangeHUDclock and OrangeHUDclock2, the Fixedpicture doesn't show anymore. In your demo, all these scripts need to be turned on in order to show the backgroundpicture. But as i don't want to show a date, the plugin is not useable for me like this. I hope for a bugfix soon? :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2015
  2. ∊η∊ηra

∊η∊ηra Smoke and Mirrors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you think there's any way we could get a modification or add-on that would allow us to have two HUDS, or multiple? 

3. Makeratore

Makeratore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Can we use this plugin to create multiple HUDs and to call them whenever we want with a custom command plugin?

4. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can now!

I've added OrangeHudGroup.js to the addon list and updated the main plugin and all addons to work with it. To create a second HUD, simply add a copy of OrangeHudGroup.js to your project and set a name to it on the GroupName param.

All the addons also have a GroupName param now, in which you can set the name of the group you want to show it on.

Edit: Also added OrangeHudScriptIcon.js

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
    Makeratore and ∊η∊ηra like this.
  5. Makeratore

Makeratore Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    :o Wow! Thank you so much! :D

Question: so, now we are able to hide/show the HUDs individually, am I right?

Oh, I noticed that when I try to download OrangeHudGroup.js, the link brings instead to the AutoSave plugin.

6. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have no idea how that happened. I fixed the link now.

And yes, you can control everything about every group individually.

Makeratore likes this.
  7. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Im having trouble with this when I use DisplayFixedPicture. It will display the picture above the actual HUD variables, so the time and date are eclipsed by the HUD picture Im planning to use. Also DisplayActorFace doesn't seem to work for me either (I made sure to use the correct Actor ID in the params).

8. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    By default, all lines will be displayed on the same position, you have to use the X and y params to change it.

I'll check the actor face addon tomorrow.

9. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh no, I don't have a problem with variables overlapping, I'm trying to figure out how to display a picture under everything. Currently it will only display the picture on top of everything.

10. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is the picture line before the other lines on the plugin list?

11. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It worked! Thanks :D

Hudell likes this.
  12. lonewolph

lonewolph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I dont understand how to get this to work? I put the files in the plugins directory and turned them on, but all I see is some little tiny tiny thing on upper left hand corner and nothing else?

13. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The OrangeHud plugin by itself will only add an invisible window on the screen. You need to use the additional plugins to add content to that window. There are several different plugins on the first page, each of them adds different kinds of things to the hud (Images, Variables, Actor data, faces, icons, and so on).

14. willoneill

willoneill Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey Hudell,

Great plugin! Does everything I'm looking for and more! Quick note for you: On the OrangeHud parameter 'ShowUnderTintLayer', the instructions say 'under tint and FACE effects' where I think you mean to say 'under tint and FADE effects'.

It only tripped me up for a few seconds, but it could confuse people new to RM who think it has something to do with message box portraits. :)

Keep up the great work! 

EDIT: I did have one suggestion, actually, though I don't know if it would be out of scope for the project. One thing that would be awesome is if the HUD could update with some kind of simple animation, i.e. if you were using it to display a variable of '10' which then increased to '100', would be cool if rather than just change the number immediately it would 'run up' quickly like a counter from 10 to 100. Is there anything you could do to add a function like that or suggest how I could? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  15. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's quite simple to do it with a common event, simply use a second variable for the displayed value, then create a common event like the one in the attached image

slowUpdate.png

willoneill likes this.
  16. willoneill

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You are a gentleman and a scholar. I'm proud to say I actually do understand what you did there, but I would have never thought of it myself. Works perfectly!

Much appreciated!

Hudell likes this.
  17. willoneill

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    First, apologies to mods for the doublepost! I'm talking about something entirely different here, so I don't know what the etiquette is.

Hudell, I have a suggestion for your next update: Letting us put switches on the HUD and its elements to make them visible/invisible is great, but I think an awesome addition would be something that allows you to specify if you want those things to simply appear / disappear OR fade in / fade out. Could just be a boolean that when set to true uses a fade in / out on the element.

There could be a lot of applications here, but the one I have in mind is allowing players to turn the HUD (or elements of it) on and off directly in-game, and with a fade attached I think it'll be a lot more elegant. You'd just align a keypress or gamepad button to turn the switch on and off.

Hope you think the idea is a good one!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  18. OmnisScio

OmnisScio Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It may have already been answered, but how do I manually update the HUD?

Say I have an event, and it alters one of the variables I am displaying. How do I have that event refresh the HUD to display the new current values of the variables?

19. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If the variable is being displayed, it should automatically update the HUD when the variable changes, unless you're using the \v[n] format to display it.

Which addon are you using?

Anyway, the following script call will force a refresh:

Code:
    OrangeHud.setDirty();

20. OmnisScio

OmnisScio Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Such a fast reply.

That did indeed work, thank you.

I am using the \v[n] format to display the variables, it gives me more control over how it is displayed.

Currently The variable field in the plugin screen is set to one (the default) because that's not how I'm inserting the variables into the display, but I wonder, if I set it to the variable I'm using, that should make it update the way you intended, right?

Edit: it worked

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
    Hudell likes this.