First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This plugin is no longer supported.

Orange Lighting 1.0
Hudell

Introduction
This is a reimplementation of Terrax Lighting system, aiming to be compatible with Orange Time System.
Not all features of Terrax's system are available yet.

Params

lightMaskSwitch
The number of a switch that needs to be ON to activate the light mask

opacityVariable
Set this to the number of a variable to use that variable to control the opacity of the light mask.

tintSpeed
The speed in which the mask color changes.

Player params:

playerRadius
The size of the light globe around the player

playerColor
The color of the light globe around the player.

playerFlicker
Set this to true to make the light around the player flicke

flashlightSwitch
Set this to the number of a switch to use that switch to turn on/off the player's flashlight

Time System Params:

hourColors
You can specify several different colors to be used on the color mask depending of the current hour in the orange time system.

insideBuildingHourColor
You can specify several different colors to be used on the color mask depending of the current hour in the orange time system.
These will be used when the player is inside a building

Plugin
Get it here

Add-Ons
Event Lights
Player Lights
Time System Lights (Require OrangeTimeSystem)

License
Free to use on any game.

Last edited:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is "Orange Lightning" intentional, or did you mean "Orange Lighting"?  I could see either one working :)

DBDragoner

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome. I was thinking of using Terrax Lighting system, but wasn't sure if it would mesh with your plugins. Now I have my time system and cool lighting effects too. Color me happy.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is "Orange Lightning" intentional, or did you mean "Orange Lighting"? I could see either one working :)
It was supposed to be lighting, but I'm dumb and wrote it wrong probably everywhere.I'll fix it tomorrow.

Lindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
OMG !!! Hallelujah!)))))) Thank you so much !!!! Let's test)))  BD

Lindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Is it possible to make a smooth transition from day to night and vice versa?

Skotty TV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Yeah smoother transition pls! 

And how we can set up lights?

Or is the light just working for the player?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll make smoother transitions and event lights during this week, just need to finish some other stuff first.

Angius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Great! Terrax's lighting wouldn't work, so I'm glad you decided to create a compatible version!

There's but one incompatibility I'd be grateful were you to do something about it. I'm talking about Quasi Movement here. The light doesn't follow the player.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've updated the plugin with smoother transitions and a new param to set the speed of the transition.

Quasi Movement should be working properly if you add my script after his.

Edit: I've changed the plugin to be modular. Now there's a core plugin and a separate add-on for each kind of light effect.

Only the OrangeTimeSystemLighting.js requires the OrangeTimeSystem to work.

The OrangeLightingEventLights.js is new: It allows the usage of light effects on the maps events, through script calls and notetags.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Hudell, everything works perfectly! Thank you) One point: It is rather difficult to calculate the slower shading. The value is already equal to 0.3. But this is more a matter of convenience)

And another question: when using the command "Orange Time System.addHours ();" (sleep or moving between locations), dimming is not adjusted to the new time, and continues to move seamlessly from the previous point. However, I really like the uniform darkening of the transition between locations without changing the time. I'd like to maintain a uniform shade, but add the ability to switch the dimming level when skipping over a few hours.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hudell, everything works perfectly! Thank you) One point: It is rather difficult to calculate the slower shading. The value is already equal to 0.3. But this is more a matter of convenience)

And another question: when using the command "Orange Time System.addHours ();" (sleep or moving between locations), dimming is not adjusted to the new time, and continues to move seamlessly from the previous point. However, I really like the uniform darkening of the transition between locations without changing the time. I'd like to maintain a uniform shade, but add the ability to switch the dimming level when skipping over a few hours.
I'll add the feature in the plugin when I go back home, but for now, I think this script call will make the color be updated instantly:

Code:
Hudell.OrangeLighting._lastMaskColor = undefined;

Lindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
I'll add the feature in the plugin when I go back home, but for now, I think this script call will make the color be updated instantly:

Hudell.OrangeLighting._lastMaskColor = undefined;
Yes, it works, but when the time changes the color of an hour is rounded to an hour ahead and freezes until the next hour. Tying color to the minutes, it seems unrealistic, but perhaps easier to make time rounded back?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hm, how would you like to configure this color tied to minutes?

Lindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Hm, how would you like to configure this color tied to minutes?
In fact, I can hardly imagine how it is possible to realize ... Perhaps by analogy with transparency ... only a transition from #FFFFFF to # 000000. In the case of opacity, the numbers from 1 to 255. Here, perhaps between 1 and 180 (3 hours for twilight is enough).We set the hour of sunset and sunrise, and every minute increases (or decreases) the number by one. Something like that)) 

Again, in general, it is not very necessary, but rather a question of realism and atmosphere)

Skotty TV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Hey, there is a small bug i found while i was using "MBS Smooth Scroll":

When the color(or time?) is full dark, all event lights only move when the player move.
So i guess the light position is only updated with a step of the player?

EDIT:
Ok i found it myself at line 322:

if (namespace.dirty) {
this.refreshMask();
namespace.dirty = false;
this.currentMapId = newId;}
Under that piece of code i put the following:

this.refreshMask();Now the light positions get updated all the time i guess :)

perfect!

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
This plugin is perfect except for one thing

Torches that can be turned on and off by a switch on the player.

Oh and i dont think i did anything wrong but it seems your Time System Lights got the wrong description, says "Player Lights <OrangeTimeSystemLighting>"

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, thanks for reporting that, I'll fix the description.

Can you elaborate more on the torches idea?

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
well the torch idea would work just like the flashlight but instead of a cone of light, it would make a orange flickering light ball around the player.

This way if you set player radius to 0, you can actually make dark places that requires an item, in this case a torch, then at the enterance and exit of the dungeon you just turn the switch off.

Making it realy hard to go trought the area unless you buy or find a torch.

I hope that makes more sense.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, Hudell.

This is probably a stupid question, how do I use the tags provided in your script?

I mean, using them in an event's notebox does not work at all. Like, if I had a light tag, a light_radius tag and a light_color tag together in the notebox, only the <light> would work. I tried using script calls to activate the light in an event and then use the color tag, but nothing happened. So, my problem is, I can't make anything work, I only get the lights to show up.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I've tried using them in the notebox, plugin commands, script calls.. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not that I have any use for them, but Humble Bundle has a new RPG Asset Bundle available for those interested. You can find it here. Happy asset hoarding. :LZSwink:
Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillfigno