SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know he doesn't work on his plugins anymore :(  but I cant seem to get my lighting to flash..

gameMap.event(169).enableLight(false, 200, 'red', TRUE);  <<<<<<<<<<< I don't put it in caps btw haha.. but I get property of null -_- but everything else works perfectly just when I set flash to true I get the problem? thanks

Robin Hoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hiya! First of all, thank you for making this plugin! It has made my life a lot easier! :D

I have just one noob question. Is it possible to change the defaultMaskColor color during the game?

EDIT: Or just anyway to change the mask color at all!

Last edited by a moderator:

DelphiniumVII

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been struggling with this plugin and the timesystemlighting plugin as well. Can anyone help me figure out how to have it transition from day to night with the lighting system? A screenshot at least would be greatly appreciated.
I liked the DayandNight plugin but turns out I cant use it with the lighting. Thanks in advance anyone...

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I've been struggling with this plugin and the timesystemlighting plugin as well. Can anyone help me figure out how to have it transition from day to night with the lighting system? A screenshot at least would be greatly appreciated.
I liked the DayandNight plugin but turns out I cant use it with the lighting. Thanks in advance anyone...

I want to know it too

Raven Burns

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to get a "red globe light" on the player without a flashlight present.

You'd think it would work just fine without placing a flashlight switch but it's either bugged or ...something.

I've used the lighting system for years and for some reason whenever I try to do this it will only give me the default globe light on the player. I have changed everything exactly the way it needs to be....

The really weird thing is that when I turn the flashlight on just for testing purposes it changes to the red colour I want around the player but the player globe is still default.....

EDIT: When I removed the plugin, saved and added it again. It worked.... must of been a bug.... thanks anyway... hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, Hudell. I'm using your plugin and I think it's really great and easy to use. However there's a problem I'm facing. My character is not the standard size. It's more than twice the normal size and the sprite sheet is like 281 x 1050. And the light is placed at the feet of the character. I want it to be placed a bit higher. But there's no option for that. I tried to increase the light radius but it still looks kinda weird cos the most part of it stays below the lower half of the character and the least part of it remains at the upper part. Simply put, I just want to know whether there's a way to move the player light a bit higher.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's been years since I last changed anything in this plugin, I honestly don't remember anything about it :/

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been years since I last changed anything in this plugin, I honestly don't remember anything about it :/
Oh, I see... Well, no problem. I'll think of something to cope up with this problem.

KainZero0133

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, I'm totally new to rpg maker (got MV on black friday), and have had issues getting a few things to work with the orange lighting. I managed to get the time system working and the day/night working. even have light shafts from the corners of the screen working, based on sun/moon light. The issue I'm having is, when I move my character inside a building, it still shows the lighting the same as outside. I tried setting the default tilesets for "always inside" by the tileset numbers "2,3,6" which would be "Inside,Dungeon,SF Inside" respectively, but to no avail. I also tried making the default mask for inside #111111 as a test for all hours, but nothing happens as well.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you know how to change flashlight but not on the player but on second, third player as follower?

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's work great but I found one issue and I don't know how to fix that.
When Im seting disable light on event everything works correct but when Im setting again enable light it's goes to default settings of color and radius. Any suggestions?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”
gxQUtTE.gif
Don't you hate it when you play an mmo to pass some time then an update drops that makes your playing experience less enjoyable and quit because of it?
sigh...
SF_People3_6 added!
index.php

OcRam MZ and RETRO demo -projects are now also updated (includes all plugins released yesterday).
At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grc14