GhostJenson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

I've been using Orange Mapshot since I started my project last year. Everything had been working fine up until last week. What's going on is I can not capture mapshots. It's weird, because I created some new maps last week, and only one of the new maps will create a mapshot. I think I've made about 9, but only the first of the 9 will actually mapshot. I've attached some screengrabs, but I don't know how much they will help here. The first two images are of it not working, while the third is of it working for the 1 map.

Upon adding Orange Mapshot to my project, I've never made any changes to it, and it worked flawlessly. I tried removing the plugin, and then readding it, but that didn't fix the problem. Could this be a problem with RPG Maker itself (maybe I need to reinstall)? If anyone can help, please! Thanks!!

orangemapshot1.png

orangemapshot2.png

orangemapshot3.png

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Have you added any new plugins that could be conflicting with the Orange Mapshot?
2. Try the plugin in a new project to see if it still works.

GhostJenson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, thanks for the response.

So for (1), I haven't added in any new plugins. I changed some events, but that shouldn't affect this plugin, right? Also, I just thought about it, but I recently installed RMXP. That shouldn't affect my MV game or the plugin, no?

For (2), I will try that when I get home, and update this thread. I'll also try uninstalling RMMV, and reinstalling.

I'll update with my results.

Thank you, @Capitán

GhostJenson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I tried using Orange Mapshot in a new project, and it works as is. I think I messaged this, but I can also use mapshot on the one map, in the current project. I know the plugin works, but I have no idea why mapshot would work on one map, but no others. It's weird.

GhostJenson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thought I should update this thread.

...so I figured out what was going on. I was not able to map-save any of the maps between 60-69. I don't know what was goin on with those 10, but as soon as I reached map 70, I could map-save again. Upon reaching map 80, I can still map save, however, maps 60-69 still cannot be saved.

Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjum